Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use 10w-30 Mobil 1 and am in California - mostly city driving. Change every 5k and filter.

Car has 135k on it. Everything is stock. All maintenance was done. Never had to top it off during the 5k interval - which is about 8 months. No burning smell

Its been 2k since the oil was changed (some tune up too) and the color looks similar to that of 4 in the link below:
https://carbuyerlabs.com/the-color-of-your-engine-oil-says-a-lot-so-pay-attention/

I was expecting much lighter color. Oil feels fine but just the color. Is this a result of mileage on the car?

·
Registered
167 Posts
probably overthinking it. oil goes in like 1, mine comes out of my 2012 veloster, 68 beetle and 95 integra looking like 5-7 after 3000-4000 miles.
Veloster gets oil changes every 3-4K miles religiously (I've put 65000 miles on the car in two and a half years)
68 beetle is new to me but changed the oil when i got it and after 3000 miles it looks like 5 or 6.
95 integra oil looked like 7 when i bought it, 7 after 3000 miles and a can of seafoam and 6 after an autocross even 1500 miles after the seafoam run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts