Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a video of when I do a cold start up my car idles from about 500 or less almost dies then goes to 1000 up and down. When I cold start it in the morning. Then it goes up to 1500 by itself not me pressing gas. then goes back to normal. Why is this? I have a 95 gsr B18C1

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a video of when I do a cold start up my car idles from about 500 or less almost dies then goes to 1000 up and down. When I cold start it in the morning. Then it goes up to 1500 by itself not me pressing gas. then goes back to normal. Why is this? I have a 95 gsr B18C1
I don't know if there's something wrong but my 96 GSR b18c1 does the exact same thing. Speaking of which it actually ended up dying today due to the -20

·
Administrator
3,688 Posts
By default, the engine will rev to 1400-1500 when cold, to assist with bringing the engine temp to normal. As engine coolant temp increases, idle will then decrease and should stay around 750-800 when the engine is at normal operating temp. If your idle is below this when cold, then your idle air control valve could be dirty and/or faulty. Additionally, it could also be as simple as an idle adjustment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cleaned idle air control with carb cleaner and still the same. Would a pinched coolant hose be a cause?

·
Administrator
3,688 Posts
If you have a pinched coolant line going to the throttle body, then it could be a culprit. Trial and error.... fix it, and see what it does

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s linked significantly would running a bit of a longer hose to avoid kinks affect it?

·
Administrator
3,688 Posts
Kinks in automotive grade hose is mostly due to age, and the hose becoming brittle. No need to make it longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts