Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've read every single article that has to do with " white smoke " i'm getting alot of white smoke only when i start my car up cold. it not only comes from the exhaust but from the engine bay also. in one article it says that white smoke means coolant is leaking into the engine. i noticed that my coolant level has dropped to minimum. im not overheating at all and the car drives perfect once warmed up.

here a quote from another thread on our site.

" what happens is, the head gasket slowly leaks antifreeze into the cylinders while the car is not running. when the car is started, the heat from the combustion instantly starts to vaporize the antifreeze. since the initial volume of liquid in the cylinders drastically raises compression, the motor will "stutter" until all of the coolant has evaporated... keep your radiator and resevoir full of coolant and replace your head gasket asap. "

this is exactly what happens i cant explain it any better.

qiuck recap
* Thick white smoke apon cold startup
* No overheating
* Low coolant levels
* drive perfect once warmed up with no more smoke problems.

Thanks for all your help. sorry its so long but i've been trying to figure this out for a while and need help. Thanks so much. Mike.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I dunno if you notice, but first thing in the morning, when you're driving to work/school.. every car has while smoke coming out of the exhaust. I dunno about the engine bay though. Hmph. ;x

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not putting this to you but for all future comments Condensation or any light smoke is not the problem. " Thick white smoke " until warmed up. very ruff idle. mu mechanic at Honda/Acura in Orlando was sorta stumped and wants me to bring it in for he can wait and start it up cold for he can see what it is. this is not normal light smoke apon startup. Thanks. Mike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.