Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a better choice Coil Overs OR Lowerng Springs if I Wanted to spend around 400

THX

·
Registered
685 Posts
it all depends on what you want...I have skunk2's and they are nice and adjustable but stiff as hell...especially with 17's.
My buddies eiboc(forget the spelling at the mement) lower the car and look good and handle well without the harshness...I am buying his when he gets his coilovers for my new teg!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Since you said you want to spend around 400 I'll take that you are talking about coil-over sleeves and not the real coilover, in which case the springs are better choice IMO.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have eibach sportlines - riding on stock shocks for now... - if you want to spend 400 i say get the sportlines and some new KYB/Koni shocks too - that will be a nice combo and be around 400 maybe a little more. It will ride very nice and look pretty aggressive too!

·
Registered
277 Posts
don't go with the cheep coil overs, they are really bouncy. And you also have to get new shocks with the coil overs.
For around $600 you could get the SRR cup kit which has hight adjustibility and pretty good shoks but if you want to go with springs go with tein spring they lower your car about three inches or H&R they go 21/5" low

·
Registered
184 Posts
Don't go cheap on suspension ever...I did that before I knew more about imports & it cost me down the road. First time I went with racing springs & tokiko non-adjustables. The ride was great for about months, then they got really soft & bouncy. I now run on Ground Control Coil-Overs & Tokiko 5-way Adjustable Struts & they have been awesome.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I wouldn't try and find coilover (sleeves) for 400, most likely end up w/ crap IMO. I'd go for a set of springs and maybe save a little more and get shocks. I haven't priced shocks yet, but for a good price on neuspeed sport springs (1.75 drop front, 1.5 drop rear) go to ARD

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
i just had to make the choice this morning... and i went for the KYB Coil Over set....

i know i just sacrificed some ride quality, but if i get different rims, or want the car lower, or want it higher, etc.... i can now easily make that choice

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
remember that everytime u adjust hieght u need to corner wiegh the car for proper setting, otherwise it won't be at optimal performance, that goes for the sleeves as well.

just get a nice set of srpings with aftermarket shocks.

I'm running on H&R sport springs, and KYB AGX adjustable shocks.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Shocks with springs. You can find good deals if you look hard enough. Coilovers will only do you good if you get shocks to match them. Otherwise you'll go bouncing down the road over the littlest bumps. Your factory shocks won't do beans for you. Or just save up a little longer to get some shocks before you buy coilover sleves.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Springs with good shocks, no worrys about choppy ride

1 - 17 of 17 Posts