Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just recently bought an '01 GSR with 89,000 miles on it as a young car enthusiast (17) and im stumped on figuring out whats wrong with my motor and how I can get it running healthy again. It's a bonestock b18b1 with some cheap aftermarket parts in some areas. I had drove the car within the first two weeks of purchasing it and noticed VTEC wasn't cracking (P1259) as well as I had a fuel leak directly from the tank. I've replaced the fuel tank with a brand new one as well as switching the oil pressure switch out for a working b16b switch. After changing the switch, the VTEC failure code shut off and i got a random misfire code (P1399) as well as a misfire in cylinder 4 code (P0304). I've checked for a misfire and found that the injector for cylinder four is out and isn't making any sound at idle. I've bought new injectors and am going to replace all four, but am still confused on the random misfire code (P1399). I've heard people just diagnosing the code the same way as a general misfire but also some people look at other parts of the car. My car burns through oil horribly, going through new oil every week i was driving it as well as having a low idle and running really rich. I've researched to check the distributor module, cat, iacv, timing and some other stuff. Does anyone have any help or suggestions? I would really appreciate it thanks

·
Administrator
4,360 Posts
If you're burning as much oil as you say you are, then that would definitely be contributing to the random-misfiring that the ECU is picking up.

Also - I've changed the title to better reflect the context of what you're actually wanting. Make sure to use subject lines that are relelvent. Other users could be searching the site for similar issues, and having a subject line of "Need help on my '01 gsr" won't yield them any results within their searching.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're burning as much oil as you say you are, then that would definitely be contributing to the random-misfiring that the ECU is picking up.

Also - I've changed the title to better reflect the context of what you're actually wanting. Make sure to use subject lines that are relelvent. Other users could be searching the site for similar issues, and having a subject line of "Need help on my '01 gsr" won't yield them any results within their searching.
Okay yeah thank you, pretty new here my bad for that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

i've been hearing that I could have bad piston rings a lot but would that happen at 90k?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts