Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help on this

Ok My car is running lean I got the check engine light for lean low fuel pressure...

I just put a replaced my stock b18c1 with a stock b18c1. Tons of bolt ons no internals all stock fuel equipment.
A/F meter reads extremely lean and in higher rpms the red goes off the meter.

I have swapped the fuel rail, injectors, and fpr from the old motor onto this one didn't fix it.

I replaced the fuel filter and crush rings.

I disconnected the vacuum line on the FPR and the car idled up and then reconnected and it idled down (NORMAL)

I then purchased a walbro/holey fuel pump and installed it the car still runs extremely lean but not as extremely lean.

Previous to fuel pump install it ran straight to the red and by 4000rpm had 2 or less red leds soon after no red leds

after fuel pump install 4-5 red leds all the way to the 8000rpm so it definatley helped but obviously isnt not the problom.

·
Registered
948 Posts
You need to hook up a fuel pressure guage and see exactly what the pressure is at idel with and without the vacuum to the fpr. Just watching the idle change is not sufficient.

once your engine throws the CEL, it should be running in a open loop mode. If for some reason it isn't, you can force it to limp mode by shorting the factory service connecter and indicated in the articles.

In open loop, the car does not use the o2 sensor for fuel. It uses the map sensor, tps, rpms etc.

If it is still running lean in open loop mode, start investigating those sensors, their wiring etc. If all the sensors are fine, and the ECU is fine, then it must be the mechanical part of the fuel delivery system.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bolts on before the swap... nothing changed but the motor itself even the same tranny just new block and head. same type and everything b18c1 to b18c1

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much pressure should read at the fuel filter with the vacuum connected and disconnected at the fpr

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont want to bandaid the sittuation. In no means should i need to increase the amount of fuel that the computer puts out to fix my problom. It ran RICH stock before the swap And I need to get it back to that point before I adjust anything on the computer side.

·
Registered
948 Posts
40 - 47 psi at idle with vacuum line attached

48 - 55 psi with vacuum line disconnect ( plug the line though )

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so disconnect the line then pinch or stick a screw in the line?

·
Registered
948 Posts
yeah, pinching is fine, only takes a few seconds for teh pressure to settle. Wiggle the hose loose so it can come off easily, then pinch it, then remove it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.