Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have had my car for almost a year now. Latley mabey every five minutes when i drive around town my clutch gets really hard almost like there is giant spring pushing back at me when i try and shift. Sometimes it prevents me from shifting and even keeps me in gear even though i press it all the way in. I can start my car when the clutch gets that way but it prevents me from putting it in gear.
Is my clutch broken? Or is something wrong with my master cylinder?
thx,
alex

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
IT HAS 106K MILES on it if that helps and idk if the clutch has been replaced, but i hope its not the clutch cuase i dont want to spend a lot of money to get it fixed

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
you MAY have a loose flywheel bolt or maybe a spring's popped out. If it was yoru master cylinder it would do it all the time, gradually getting worse over a period of time.

Do you hear anything when you try to push the clutch pedal in and it doesn't go?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
If it affects your clutch pedal, I would say it's most likely related to the pressure plate.

If it involved any of the hydraulics, it would more than likely be a soft pedal, not an extra firm pedal. The only way the MC would cause this is if it were getting stuck, and I don't see that happening.

Maybe your release bearing is not sliding properly, could need some lubeage. But you can put a lot of force on that release fork with your foot, so I don't see that happening really either. It would have to be REALLY stuck.

Anyway, if you can't find any other solutions, at 106k its probaby almost due for a new clutch. Just get a clutch kit/flywheel combo, that way you can replace your clutch/pp/flywheel/both bearings all at once. I ordered a package of an exedy OE replacement clutch with a lightweight fidanza flywheel off ebay for $240. I thought that was a pretty good deal. I'm pretty sure there are more on ebay, check it out.

Here you go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY-Clutch-FIDANZA-Flywheel-94-01-ACURA-INTEGRA_W0QQitemZ150165909092QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
If you can’t get the shifter into the specific gear it is you throw-out bearing

If the pedal’s hard to push, it is the clutch alignment.

Time for a new clutch bud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.