Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Maybe someone can figure this out. I have a Clutchmasters Stage3 clutch and lightweight flywheel. It is 7 months old and was professionally installed and was broken in properly. About 2 months ago I started getting serious clutch chatter. Sometimes it is so violent the whole car shakes. Like severe wheel hop without the hop. The other day it did this and right after that I could not get it into first or second gear. I finally got it in gear but it still does this from time to time now. Also when I came home the clutch pedal was all the way to the floor but the clutch was still trying to engage very slightly. The guy at Clutchmasters said there shouldn't be anything wrong with it and to give the pedal more freeplay (how on a hydrolic clutch). Does anyone know what this is, it is so anoying. My fluids are fine. Guesses-Pressure plate,came out of alignment? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
have someone get under it and check all the bolts and stuff... my friend has a 98 corolla and he just had a ACT clutch installed, and it would like bang into every gear, and lie vibrate alot sometimes... i guess it wasnt completely bolted to the motor

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
is your clutch pedal still to the floor? this happened to my car and i had to get a new clutch master cylinder because the old one was screwed to hell....maybe there is some debris in between the clutch and the the pressure plate...as aepunk said, go to the shop where you got it installed and have them check out all the bolts and tell them what you just told us...my guss to is the pressure plate may be a little FUBAR but i'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the pressure plate is FUBAR, would I have to get a whole new clutch or just order another pressure plate from Clutchmasters. Why would debri in the plate cause the shudder and not going into gear?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
well if there is debris it can get caught in between the pressure plat and the clutch causin them not to make complete contact, just a thought. i'm not sure if you will need to get a new pressure plate, have someone check yours out and see if there is any significant or visible damage to it.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
have the clutch adjusting bolt, reservoir,and clutch master cylinder looked at. That whole pedal unit maybe the source of how much the release bearing will move before the pressure plate and disc bites on the flywheel.

Aftermarket clutches with higher clamping forces will chatter anyway. It's a given. But you can reduce it by adjusting the pin. The other problem is that your master cylinder probably needs to be rebled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts