Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first thread here on t-i.net.... great site fellaz.... ive been a member over at hondatech for a while so lets see if u guys can help with my first question.....

I recently purchased this car so bear with me.

Ive got a 95gsr with an old clutchmasters stage 3 setup along with the cm flywheel with replacable surface. I know CM does not sell the setups in stages anymore but im somewhat certain this one had some sort of kevlar composite setup. Now when i release the clutch (in neutral) i hear a pretty nasty grinding/nashing noise coming from the trans. With the clutch pedal in it stops. In gear the noise comes back again but quiets down a bit after it warms up. The noise is very very noticable but it shifts and grabs perfectly! I know these type of clutch setups make a bit of noise but i think my case is a lil drastic. BTW: its not the T/O bearing for sure...... thanx in advanced!

-Jared

·
Registered
348 Posts
has nothing to do with the fly wheel or clutch... mines doing the same thing...i changed the throw out bearing in it,still does it....so iam thinking its a pilot bearing,or output shaft bearing are something like that
i have a stock clutch..so its in the tranny

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ho0k3d0nFoniCs on Apr/02/04 said:
has nothing to do with the fly wheel or clutch... mines doing the same thing...i changed the throw out bearing in it,still does it....so iam thinking its a pilot bearing,or output shaft bearing are something like that
i have a stock clutch..so its in the tranny
thats a bit discouraging....... man its loud though, really sounds like its coming from the clutch/flywheel area...... i could be wrong though. i wish i could upload a soundclip...... i dont even have a way to record it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is the throwout bearing properly lubed? that's what caused it in my car...If it is, check the input shaft bearing, inside your transmission itself. VERY important to get it replaced if that particular bearing is bad, because when it breaks down pieces of it lodge in your tranny and basically eat it up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Street_Kings on Apr/03/04 said:
Is the throwout bearing properly lubed? that's what caused it in my car...If it is, check the input shaft bearing, inside your transmission itself. VERY important to get it replaced if that particular bearing is bad, because when it breaks down pieces of it lodge in your tranny and basically eat it up
thanx for that info..... im gonna have the input shaft bearing checked..... i take it that i have to tear down the whole trans for the input shaft bearing?

any other input?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok ive done some research on the input shaft bearing and im almost 100% that it is the case. shes goin in the shop this week and im keeping the driving to a minimum for now, i just cant afford to grenade the trans. if i had the right tools and facilities i would do this myself, in this case i will let a professional handle the job. thanx for your help guys!
-Jared

1 - 6 of 6 Posts