Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to replace my clutch line with a inlinefour.com clutch line what size flare wrench do i need to undo those fittings attached to my clutch line? is that a 9mm or 10mm flare wrench? and is it also hard to install the clutch line or is it simple. oh yeah i have a 1994 integra gsr

·
Registered
91 Posts
its simple. you should probably drain the line before you remove the stock line. thats probably going to be the hardest part though. removing the hard line will be a pain unless you cut it. im pretty sure its 10mm though. be careful not to twist the line or the cylinders.

i wish i knew about these stainless lines before. nice.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
i do believe its a 10mm. drain the fluid first then replace the oem rubber line with that one. you are suppose to see better performance with the SS line. let me know if it works well i wanna get one and i dont wanna pay $40 for an oem rubber one

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hmm I didn't think inlinefour.com was even still operational? They still have their august specials up dont they?
let us know how it works out, and I'll either be ordering that or the ss line off heeltoe

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i finally received my clutch line today from inlinefour.com and when i first looked at it its more thinner than stock but once i installed it it felt much better. way better than oem clutch hose.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Do not drain the line before you replace it. You would have to bleed for hours before you could get all the air out.

Just put a bucket under the line and do it quickly.

The line really isn't going to make things any firmer, it will if anything make the engagement point more obvious.

The amount of pressure a clutch line gets compaired to a brake line is laughable. I doubt the hoses expand much at all.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
gsrtoquick4u on Jan/31/06 said:
the pedal feel is much firmer and it takes less pedal effort to shift gears.
The better pedal feel is probably due to having fresh fluid in the system and no air bubbles. How long had it been since you bleed the clutch fluid prior to the new line?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.