Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my clutch on my LS. Should I go with a new OEM Type-R clutch or a new aftermarket ACT clutch? And is a Clutchmasters flywheel really as good as the shop I use says it is?

I got a quote of $650 total from the dealer to replace the OEM LS clutch with an identical one, so I only have to pay the amount over that (it's great still living at home, eh?). I think the tuning shop said $200 to install the clutch, about $400 for the ACT clutch, and $350 for the flywheel - free install if done at same time?

Ben

·
Registered
577 Posts
with ACT you can pretty much build a clutch to fit your exact need. By that i mean you pick the pressure plate and the disk. So in that respect, going with ACT would be a smarter move. An OEM clutch might also cost you way more then an ACT.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
ITR clutch isn't really worth it considering the price the dealer charges for it. It is a little more durable but it won't feel any different. When my clutch starts to go out the door you can bet an upgraded clutch along with lightweight flywheel are going in.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i have ACT heavy duty plate and street disk...GREAT!

engages like stock with more of a grab...i recommend ACT, cluchmasters sort of locks you into a package that might have something you don't want/need.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
my friend just got a ACT clutch for his stock corolla... it made such a huge difference. the car has so much more pickup and it feels alot more direct. im not sure but he had some kind of street/race kit, like a step up from just a regular performance clutch

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
Xtreme pressure plate is good, however, the extreme disk (3-puc) will be MURDAH!!!!! get only a clutch that fits your performance needs.

·
Registered
527 Posts
type r clutch is way not worth the money like verybody else on here is telling you...
i installed one on one of the team cars and with only an 80- shot the clutch was done in a 2 month period...

when i swapped mine out i went with the act sprung 6 puck and the extreme pressure plate... i do tend to get a little chatter when leaving the lights on a normal driving condition... but when you drop that mofo! hold on and hope the dash dont end up in your lap...! for the money act is prolly the way to go.

clutchmasters i hear is a great piece as well but personally i cant talk because ive never run it...

but stay away from the type R ..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts