Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, looking for a better place to access the clutch interlock switch wiring on my 99 LA as my pedal is missing the stoppers so the previous owner has bypassed it by taping it down and leaving it depressed all the time. This causes my cruise control not to Work.

Does anyone know where the wiring harness runs that's not in the very small area under the dash.

I looked at where the main harness feeds in through the firewall into the dash and the two wires shown at the top of my pic, black blue and black with silver dots look an awful lot like the wiring for the harness that the clutch interlock switch plugs into.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's like a $400 repair to have them installed. The parts are cheap, the labor, because of having to pull stuff out to get to it, is expensive

·
Administrator
43,010 Posts
It's like a $400 repair to have them installed. The parts are cheap, the labor, because of having to pull stuff out to get to it, is expensive
it takes 10 mins to remove the pedal, put the pad in, and put the pedal back

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seriously? What about it's connection to the clutch? I dont have to bleed the clutch master cylinder or something? I doubt want to mess with too much mechanical wise. If I screw it up, I gotta pay My mechanic.

Link to thread on removing my pedal?

·
Administrator
43,010 Posts
no, you don't need to bleed anything...

remove the cotter pin on the clutch master cylinder, remove the two 12mm nuts that holds the pedal assembly to the firewall, unplug the cruise control's switch (it's the pad/switch that is half way up the pedal), remove assembly, replace pads (do BOTH! do your brake pedal pad while you're at it), reverse steps

this post may help when i detailed how I replaced mine:

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/20-your-integra/98252-running-log-morningzs-gsr-39.html#post2291380

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
that is just a basic picture for a civic, but same concept. the master cylinder is attached by a pin to the pedal, you shouldnt have to mess with any fluids.

if you can reach up there with tools to the bolts, you may not even need to take pedal out. its just a pain in the ass to go upside down and on your back in the floorboard.

Stephen is awesome and has the answer for everything^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sadly my car is still an auto and I have not had the pleasure yet of replacing those pads. I did however install the 5speed pedal set into my auto.. ya.. I know lame.. waiting on paying credit cards off and a cruise this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
3 Participants
MorningZ
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing