Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have a 98 RS and recently I had to change out my clutch master cylinder because it was leaking on the inside of the car. (Around the boot area of the pushrod) Had it going low for a while and kept re-filling it once every couple weeks. I'd check into that. Real easy to install too just use a 10mm flare nut wrench to get that one flare nut off the line. Never use an open-ended wrench!

·
Registered
935 Posts
At Acura here in Florida it costed me 120 with tax. The remanufactured ones at autozone or discount cost like 105. Something such as a part like this with seals involved and such I don't want to take the chance of it going bad on me in like another year. I spent the extra money on a brand new one from Acura.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think its gonna be the release bearing cuz when i go through my gears i can here its rattle a little bit and a few friends said it would probly be that so thats gonna be the first thing i check :) ty

·
Registered
269 Posts
most commonly with our cars the slave cylinder is the culprit of leaking clutch fluid. check it out to see if its leaking. probly not leaking out of your release bearing, the rattle is because it needs to be lubed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i replaced my clutch master cylinder a couple weeks ago. King Acura in birmingham al was gonna charge $250 to install a new one.

I spent a lot of time trying to find a cheaper alternative and ended up paying 30$ for a used master cyl. off of a parted out car and replaced it myself. i know i saw Tokiko clutch mc's on www.groupbuycenter.com in the 50$ range not too long ago though. Also try http://acuraautomotiveparts.org/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.