Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 sp with 37k... i have intake header exhaust and i want to get the cluch and flywheel package.. will this do a lot for me, will i feel a big difference...??? or will i be wasting my time and money..?

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
brodydivine on Apr/12/04 said:
quarter mile and just street light to steet light...
Oh, great....

BTW, there isn't any MORE dangerous type of racing.

·
Registered
540 Posts
just be safe out there please

i put both a clutch and flywheel on my car and i love it but i auto cross and drag race so i dont know if that makes a diffrance.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Get the "mildest" clutch, then so you won't be spinning street tires. You might even be fine with a stock clutch. If you're going to run drag radials or slicks, then I'd recommend an upgrade.

As for flywheel, I haven't read up on them much so you'll have to research that yourself.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
the lighter the flywheel the quicker you'll rev up and rev down simply put. I've bought the clutchmaster flywheel and it's waiting to be installed (7.8lbs I believe got it for $180 shipped new on ebay it was a dislplay in a shop and is spotless

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no.. i havnt looked into the oem cluch/flywheel... but on modacar.com they have a nice cluch/flywheel package for the integra for not a bad price.. thanks for the replies.. ill be sure to be safe arwen
one more question... do u think i should have a short shifter installed while there down there???

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
i believe that you could get the exedy chromoly flwheel 8.8lb and exedy organic clutch for 531 from prostreetonline. that is the setup i will have by june.

and i would not reccomend act or any "pressed on" flywheels.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
AcuraRider14 on Apr/15/04 said:
and i would not reccomend act or any "pressed on" flywheels.
WHY??? ACT makes a good product...visit our sponsor...get your discount and you'll be happy...link oh and I have the 7.8lb clutchmaster one (new $180 shipped off of ebay (display model but never installed))...still waiting to be installed though
have to wait for the cash to get it installed and the cash for a new clutch
oh well....everything in time...as for the flywheel...research that...but as a basic rule the lighter it is the faster you'll be able to rev and the faster the revs will drop...with this you'll have to give it a bit more gas when you start....etc can't say that I've found someone that just hated a lightweight just read up on it and make an educated decision

Later,
Jared

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
90_integraLS on Apr/16/04 said:
Quote: AcuraRider14 on Apr/15/04and i would not reccomend act or any "pressed on" flywheels.
WHY??? ACT makes a good product...visit our sponsor...get your discount and you'll be happy...link oh and I have the 7.8lb clutchmaster one (new $180 shipped off of ebay (display model but never installed))...still waiting to be installed though
have to wait for the cash to get it installed and the cash for a new clutch
oh well....everything in time...as for the flywheel...research that...but as a basic rule the lighter it is the faster you'll be able to rev and the faster the revs will drop...with this you'll have to give it a bit more gas when you start....etc can't say that I've found someone that just hated a lightweight just read up on it and make an educated decision

Later,
Jared
[/quote]
the reason why is that the pressed on gears on the flywheel can come off..there are stories of this happening. Exedy makes a better flywheel made from chromoly and doesnt have pressed on gears.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have an unorthodox racing flywheel 8lbs in my 97 GSR. I noticed a pretty big difference. It revs alot smoother and faster now. Shifting is a little different then it used to. Not able to granny shift with out giving a little gas before shifting....

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I have never been a fan of the multi piece FW. oNE PIECE CRO-Moly is my weapon of choice.
You will pay more for a good Fly Wheel. The design and material are dictating factors.

I hear a lot of people making claim that the Aluminum FW and other Multi piece FW have a replaceable contact surface. Well this is manily due to the fact that Aluminum is too weak and it must be suplemented with a harder metal to make for a good contact surface.
Besides I have never seen replacement contact surfaces for sale anywhere. Probably also means that you will have to replace it more often.
No but seriously I would stick with a single piece Cro-moly FW. (J's racing) Also I would not necessarily go with the lightest.
There are pros and cons to this argument. Also you want a FW the has the majority of the weight near the center b\not out towards the edges,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts