Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i took my dad out to show him how my car shifts and how it grinds when goin from 2nd to third so he said i first should try adjusting my clutch first...so i was wondering if by tightening that rod by on the clutch pedal will help at all ... or should i loosen it up a bit. i did this once on my civic hatch but i didnt notice much of a change. if this doesnt help at all i guess ill just take it to the shop and have the syncros replaced, get a clutchmasters clutch, and a lightend flywheel(will this benifit my gsr that much)

·
Registered
240 Posts
clutch adjustment will have little to do with grinding of the gears unless you're simply not pushing the clutch in far enough to make a proper shift...

now, will those pieces benefit your gsr? let's see...

1) new synchros... yes, if your current ones are f'd up
2) new clutch... yes, if your current one slips under load
3) lightened flywheel... yes, when you are accelerating

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have wondered about adjusting the clutch. Unfortunately, the clutch is not a typical cable clutch, it is hydraulic (sp). So, you can't just change the play by turning a bolt on a cable.

Does anyone know how to adjust clutch play? My clutch engages/disengages way too high.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
You can't adjust where the clutch engages like you can on a cable clutch.

Try flushing/fililng the clutch cylinders, that adjusted my engagement point and gave the clutch a more solid feel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Style. But, doesn't that require removing the cylinders? Sounds like more than a two hour project.

I know where to fill, but there are two cylinders, one in the floor board and one on the outside of the firewall, right?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Actually its not that hard if you have a buddy willing to help you!

If you look near your exhaust manifold, in front of the radiator.. on the transmission there will be a small valve sticking out with a rubber cap on the end. That is the bleeder valve.

All you need to do, is get plenty of fresh brake fluid (Honda Dot3 is fine if you don't want to switch to synthetic or non-honda fluids), an open ended wrench (its either 10mm or 8mm, I forget) and either a vaccum bleeder, or a brake bleeding kit (its a small cup with a hose, you can get it easily at sears).

Pull off the rubber cap, and attach the hose from the bleeder kit to the end of the valve. Poor alittle bit of fresh brake fluid into the cup. The idea is to have the other end of the hose completely submerged in fresh brake fluid. This will prevent air from getting sucked back in.

Then, have your friend sit in the car and push in the clutch. Using the wrench, turn the valve itself counter-clockwise (loosening it). You should see brake fluid come out, probably with air bubbles. Retighten the valve, and your friend can let off the clutch. Top off the fluid in the resivour and repeat. Keep doing this till you have no more air bubbles, and fresh brake fluid is coming out of the bleeder valve.

The process is almost exactly like bleeding your brakes, so take a look at this article for pictures and more information. -> Brake Bleeding

Hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts