Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Got a problem.

When i put the car in first, and drive up to about 3 grand and then let off teh gas, there is a CLUNK-CLUNK type sound. Almost as if the whole motor is moving. I've parked teh car and put it in first gear with teh e brake on to test the engines movement/play and the only engine mount that seems to be somewhat abnormal is the bottom rear but it even doesn't move that much.... any ideas? Its kinda annoying. Thx all.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
That sound usually is a weak motor mount...you should probably get it looked at, then replace the mount if needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mine makes a wierd sound if im in a parking lot and i press the clutch in while in 1st gear. it only happens at like 2.5k rpm and less while im going parking lot speeds. is that what ur talking about

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
My old civic did that. Specially if I let off the gas in 1st gear -then- pushed the clutch in. It did it almost every day going down my driveway (which is a slight decline). I agree with Evan, could be a motor mount.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Since i dont want to start another thread with a similar topic, i would like to post a problem that im having with my car. When backing out of my driveway, when i release the clutch a little, a slight clunk sound occurs in the driver side front. Also, when i drive off in first, and then let off the throttle, the clunking sound occurs again. Its almost like my motor is shifting and hitting something. I know the possibilities are my motor mounts, but could there be anything else? would axles cause this problem too? Just as a heads up, i recently had my cv boots and wheel bearings replaced not too long ago. This sound is very distinct and somewhat disturbing. I have been doing quite a few launches since i've had my swap, and im guessing this might have caused a problem since i wheel hop frequently. Advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts