Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I laser scanned, 3D modeled, and printed a guage pod. I will upload the .STL files once I make a couple changes if anybody needs one. I ran out of filament towards the end, but you get the idea.
3130F19C-BB44-40C2-B4D0-2483F7EC2DDA.jpeg
07164FB8-554F-47B3-9987-B061DB7BAB63.jpeg
EFD77F7E-F9B9-4D2C-B6C3-A0823B4767A6.jpeg
7A11D1BB-55C6-449E-8852-361D988B0D28.jpeg

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's pretty cool, what printer settings did you use? Any recommendations when printing stuff for cars?
I've only printed some brackets for my turn signals since I cut my bumper for the intercooler, nothing as cool as this.

Also thanks for sharing the STL files.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pretty cool, what printer settings did you use? Any recommendations when printing stuff for cars?
I've only printed some brackets for my turn signals since I cut my bumper for the intercooler, nothing as cool as this.

Also thanks for sharing the STL files.
Honestly I don’t remember my printer settings for this one. I have an ender 3 and it’s so simple to use that I usually go with default settings and then pick infill. It was really hot here today and the guages no longer fit snug until it cooled back down, so PLA wasn’t a good choice. I knew that already but I really wanted to get to tuning it. I’ll have to redesign it to actually mount the guages instead of being a snug fit.

What material and printer did you use for your brackets? Also unrelated but what do most fellas use for ecus around here? I’m having a couple little oddities using crome on a p07.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got a Da vinci mini I got 4 years ago with the chip to let it run other companies filament and material wise I use PLA as well, I havent printed much, mostly classic dirtbike parts that are no longer available (1974 yamaha MX100). Also I do not know what most people use here, but I went with Hondata S300 V3 and its been good for 2 years while not breaking the bank.

·
Registered
1999 DC2 AusDM VTI-R
4 Posts
Dude that's a pretty cool idea. Ive been looking for clock gauge pods and cant really find much of anything, please post your final design i'd be interested in seeing it. 👏

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man, I’m starting to think I might have to go that route. How does the PLA hold up to the abuse of a dirt bike?
Dude that's a pretty cool idea. Ive been looking for clock gauge pods and cant really find much of anything, please post your final design i'd be interested in seeing it. 👏
Will do! I’ll probably try out a different material as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts