Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I followed the article and did a valve lash job...Well I started the car and all sounded nice and quiet and then I took it for a drive...Seems as it warmed up to normal temp. I heard a loud clicking noise coming from engine...I could hear it with the window down while I was driving and the more the revs went up the faster it got! What should I check...what can this be? I used the .003-.004 feeler for intake and .006-.007 for the exhaust valves and did everything right! What can this be? will acura give me sh*t if Ibring it in on the extended warranty with a CAI and strut bar? Can they say no....

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nevermind...I found the problem...The 1st valve on the 4th cylinder was the culprit. What happened was the retaining nut was sitting in one of the oil orfices in the head. It was either not tightened????(gee I wonder who that dumbass was) or it wasnt tight enough and vibrated loose! Either way I retightened it and made sure all clearances were at .003 on the intake cam and .006 on the exhaust cam! I then checked the clearances all around and they were closer than I could expect! Bolted on the valve cover and the car runs like a champ....And idles so quiet under the hood! Wow my luck usually isin't this good! Could I have used loctite on these nuts? This would prevent the clearance from changing in the future wouldn't it? maybe not! But anyways all is well in Ryan's Teg World! Thank god for that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.