Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has turned evil on me. It will lock the doors at will. Seriously though, my power door locks have a fault in them in that they will switch to lock at any point in time, but not back open. Then, once locked I can still hear a random click...click sound from the door trying to lock it again. I would guess it's a switch or a crossed wire issue? Anyone experience this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
789 Posts
the clicking is your power locks being obstructed by somthing. If it is cold enough, it can do that, or if the switch is blocked somehow. Does this happen when your doors are open or closed? When my doors are open and I try to lock them the clicking happens because the power locks will keep attempting to lock until they grab somthing. In this case, they dont so they click a few times and then stop

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Factory door locks. It seems more like a power issue because the door will lock first just fine and then the clicking starts because it's trying to lock again over and over. I'll check the relay. Does anyone know of a way to test?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Same thing happens with my 97 Camry. Whenever I open the door to check if my parking space fits, the driver door starts clicking like crazy until I close the door. It didn't seem to do this when it was initially installed because I was thinking of a bad installation and I'm not sure if that shop is even around anymore. The alarm is a generic one that came with the "package" of the car when we bought it. The dealer sent us to this car alarm shop to have it done so it wasn't the "dealer installed alarm". I've yet to find a fix for this because it annoys the heck outta me. BTW, the brand is Prime Security AMX 77.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i have another question about this. when my doors are open my driver side door wont lock with my alarm or the switch and the little button doesn't even move. is that a feature or something is broke. when the doors are closed they lock fine but when you open the dore it trys to lock then unlocks. if the pas. door is open it locks fine. could somebody help?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
it's a feature of the doors I believe to help prevent you from locking your keys inside because you either have to use the keyless once the door is closed or use the key to lock it...I thought it made great sense and it's saved me a couple times already.
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
5 Posts
don't know if it's the same, but I had problems with my keyless a while ago. It would click really loud, and wouldn't even lock the drivers side. I live in po-dunk so I didn't have to worry too much about theft, but wanted the clicking gone. I think it was just sticky gunk built up in the door, because I couldn't find anything after opening up the door, and after lubing, cleaning, and moving the lock gears by hand the clicking was gone.

·
Registered
92 Posts
mine do this same thing and it is slowly driving me nuts ..
i know this post was made long ago but did you ever find out what it was ??? mine is still doing it and also the fob for my locks wont work well they never worked since i got the car last year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.