Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a 00' GSR and whenever it is hot, the clutch pedal makes a clicking sound when I let off the pedal. Does anyone else have this problem? And if you fixed it/had it fixed, what was the solution? TIA

David

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the same problem. Well maybe. I have a '97 LS and the clutch makes a slight clicky/whiney sound when my foot is completely off it. If I push it in just a bit it stops. This happens always, not just when the car is hot. It is not very loud and is only noticable if I am beside something that the sound can bounce off of, or else you can't hear it.

Anyway, sorry I don't have a fix for this, but maybe it is normal?!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have something similar I think, on my 99 gs, I don't know if it happends when its hot or all the time.
It kind of clicks repeatedly, like a creeking I guess when I let off the clutch, only at the very top, not on the way down either... any ideas...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I don't think it is the clutch engaging to the flywheel, the noise is actually coming from the pedal itself. When I press the pedal down and start to let off, it clicks. Annoying as hell!

David

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Squeeking is either an indicator that the rod behind the clutch that goes through the firewall needs some lubrication, or your clutch master cylinder is leaking.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have the same exact problem, that I just noticed recently, I think it's the clutch cable making the noise, but I'm not positive. Very annoying though. What would be good to lube it with?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Rainman, your GSR has a Hydraulic clutch so there is no cable. Try some silicone lubrication spray.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Nah, anykind will do. They normally sell it at local auto parts stores, as well as most hardware stores.

If you look under the dash, behind the clutch pedal itself you will see a metal rod that runs from the back of the clutch into the firewall. You want to lubricate the point where the rod and the firewall meet.

Try spraying it, then pumping the clutch a few times. Repeat that process afew times.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Is this a sign of something thats going to go? Ie is this just a temp fix for it, or is this something that a lot of cars see or is common?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just lubed the rod going into the firewall under the dash attached to the clutch pedal and it still clicks. I used a silicone spray. Should I spray it somemore or try something else, like all purppose grease or a different type of spray.

·
Registered
455 Posts
mine clicked for like a couple of days and now it stopped
it was really annoying..it jus stopped over time

i have a feeling it wil be back tho

1 - 20 of 37 Posts