Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some clear tail lights for my Teg for cheap on eBay... They are the same design as the OEM tails, except that they are clear. I was thinking about painting them red to make them into 98+ tails, but I'm wondering how they'd look if I just left them clear... Does anyone have pics of these clear tails (not altezzas) on a white 3rd gen Teg? Anyone at least seen what it looks like? good/bad?

Also, where could I find some transparent red paint (similar shade to that of 98+ tails) that *won't fade*? The Krylon stained glass stuff fades quickly and it's a bit dark anyways.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Well, unless you don't plan on driving on the street and like the non stop harrassment from the police, I would paint them.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eh, there's nothing illegal about them in CO, afaik. They just gotta emit red light for the brakes, red or amber for the turn signals, and white for the backup lights. Doesn't say what color the lenses have to be.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
you can find the paint to paint them at the craft section of any wal-mart...its called stained glass transparent red or something like that...I did mine awhile back

·
Registered
18 Posts
I heard that you also have to have a red reflector, so you might want to keep that in mind. If I were you I'd paint the reflector part red and keep the rest clear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts