Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried those LED 1157 bulbs they sell at places like AutoZone? I don't really want to spend $7 per bulb unless they're worth it. :\

I just put some clear tails on and the red bulbs look slightly pink. Will red LED 1157's really fix that problem? Are they anywhere near as bright as normal bulbs?

I wasn't able to find actual red 1156 bulbs for the turn signals, so I had to use a clear with a red "gel cap" and it looks really neon pink. Not a real big fan of having that color coming from my car. I'm probably just going to put some amber bulbs in there instead...

Is there anything I can do about the side marker 194/168 bulbs? I got red bulbs and I got red caps, but they look pink with or without the caps. I pulled them out for now.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
the leds do light up red - deep red at night - but during the day you can barely see them - except for like one red dot in the middle - i love the look of the LED's at night but they are dangerous as hell during the day... i used to have them - now i have my stockies back on... good luck bro -

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
kricci's right on the money... my buddy had the LED lights in his eclipse's clear tails... they lit up blood red at night, but you risk getting rearended during the day if whoever following you isn't paying attention... he ended up switching back to the stock tails eventually...

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have the pinkish-red with my clear APC taillights. that's the thing...they look a bit pink, but I'd rather have that then someone rear ending me. Those LED 1156 must work like my speed glo mirrors. They are bright as hell during the night (dark hyper-blue) but can't be seen during the day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts