Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just got a 99 GS, i want to do the clear light things btu don't have cash to pay for insatllation. i hear its easy to do and was lookignf or some tips. for instance, how do i get the front bumper lights out? also on ebay i've found altezza lights for about 150 and another no name brand for 40, do i need to worry about putting cheap tail lights into my car. is there really a difference? anyone who has modified their lights please give any and all details,thanks alot.

·
Registered
271 Posts
hey scrappe7, u can easily do the front bumper clear outs yourself with a philips head screwdriver... simple..unscrew and the old lights almost pop out...from there u'll need to twist out the turn signal lights (u'll know what I'm talking about when u get there). New clear outs should fit right in. Word of caution though...there's a good chance that u may get moisture in the new clear outs unless u seal them w/ silicon or smthg similiar. Altezzas are relatively easy to do, but I warn u from previous experiences, they have a strong possibility to leak and allow moisture in if not sealed properly. In my humble opinion, I did the altezza thing and I'll never put 'em back in again. OEM baby

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think I got lucky this time around... I got clear corners for my Teg and they haven't let any moisture in yet... YET... My Accord was a whole different story... I had clear EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING let moisture in. I had enough water in my lights to keep camels alive for years... Just be careful scrappe7... DoN'T FORGET TO SEAL THEM.

And BTW I bet you could find an article on light installs if you just look around a little. Welcome to Team Integra.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i just bought APC clears yesterday to replace the ones that got cracked in my accident, put em in in 10 minutes... BUT when i turned on my left turn signal itd flash real fast, and when i turned on my right, all the interior lights (clock, climate control etc.) would go out. Checked the bulbs they gave me with the lights.. wrong size! They gave me 1156 when i needed 1157... so off to Advance i went, and got a pair of 1157 Xenon orange bulbs.... which are bright as all hell lol. The guy at the counter told me every single import APC set hes sold had the wrong size bulb...

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
remove screw-remove blinker-remove bulbs, switch and work backwards.

pics

·
Registered
76 Posts
scrappe7 on Sep/23/02 said:
Hey guys,

lookignf or some tips. for instance, how do i get the front bumper lights out? anyone who has modified their lights please give any and all details,thanks alot.
lights are easy in the front as described (also described in owners manual), rear is just a matter of undoing a couple of nuts in some tight spots but nothing bad. as far as sealing don't worry about it. honestly the best thing i did was drill a couple of small holes in the back part of my rear altezzas (when i had them) and my clear corners, moisture can find its way in its getting it out thats the problems. with a couple of small drill holes air can circulate through the lense and get rid of the "fogged up" effect. they are completely un-noticible. most factory lenses actually have vents with small rubber extentsions attached to the lens for this very reason.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey u can pick up some clear bumper lens from autozone, i paid like $20 but it wasnt hard to put it,just a screw and thats it, u can even get the bulbs in while the lens are out

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Dude when I changed my tails I got so mad trying to figure out how to take them off, I wanted to just rip them out! Thank goodness for T.I!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Silicon? ok i put ,yaltezzas in yesterday, strated to rain and nothing got into the trunk and the lights arent fogged. should i still apply thr silicon to the lights? where do the hell am i suppossed to use the silicon anyway? i have no clue if it goes ont he gasket, int he space on the outside of the trunk where the lights sit, some help needed. also my driver side headlights are getting fogged, how do i stop that? thansk guys. are clear blinkers (front bumpers) allowed in PA, and im talking about the bulbs and casing. do i need to buy yellow bulbs now for my bumper lights since i bought clear bumper lights? thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts