Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best way to make the clear corner fit without shaking and moving around in the enclosure... it seems real loose... i've heard of carpet tape?? thats thick... and how often do you need to wrap it around ?? just for an idea... they look good but dont want this thing moving around especially when driving fast :) so any help ... thnx

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok here is some pics of it... and a video... this is already my second pair i've tried... so i dont know how to find a better fitment?? since they both have fit the same way... i think they are more made for a 98 and maybe the 99 is slightly different?? im not sure :S but take a look (and yes i know my car is dirty :( it snowed just b4 i installed them for the pics)

Regular Amber:

Clear:

you can sort of see the gap in some of them pics...

heres the video showing how much it shakes in the bumper... hope it works since its a MOV... it opens with quicktime on my computer...

Clear Corner Shake Video

·
Registered
327 Posts
jeeezzzzzzzzzz thats loose. put foam-rubber around the tongue on the end of the turn signal (where it slides into the slot inside the bumper) to make it thicker and hold it in place.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where can i buy this foam rubber that would fit good on the tongue?? or is is it just like general and i gotta make it work type thing... any ideas on a store name where i can get it from??

are they normally supposed to be that loose b4 you have to put in the foam rubber?? or should they be normally tighter than that... this is the second set i've tried... and the same fitment in my bumper... so i think the way they fit is the way they are??

does anyone else know of what brand name fits nice and snug in the 99 integras?? i think these are eurolite clears... they look nicer i think than APC ones i've seen... but fit strange :|

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
thats damn loose! abnormal bumper maybe? proably not, just find some better fitting clear corners. i have APC ones and they are good fitting, almost like stock

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had APC on mine too...they sure didn't rattle like that....

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Damn that is loose, Im not sure of what you can do besides get some foam or folded cardboard and slide it between where the lens housing, the minor gap will still be there but it won't shake as much.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what year were your integras that you had the APC clear corners on them??

i am really debating on keeping them or not... the foam rubber would help im sure... but i want a better fitment i think... maybe try APC?? what does everyone think??

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I had the same problem with mine, mine actually like fell off once cuz they were shaking soo much, what i did was i juts kept the ambers, but for alittle while what worked for me was useing a longer screw so it held it in tighter Me make custom signature, me special

·
Registered
514 Posts
i'm assuming you know that there's a difference between 94-97 tegs and 98-01s? it is really loose...but i don't think that's the problem. just a heads up incase that factor never came up

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well the side with the screw doesnt seem to shake much though... thats the thing... it shakes from the part opposite the screw mostly... and since this is my second set of clear corners... im thinking they are all made like this by eurolite... im trying to see about APC... i may get those and if those diont fit... just forget it... or try the foam rubber... i think that would really fix it... cuz it seesm the grey part is loose... the tongue... maybe my steel interior piece that the tongue goes into isnt the right size... but my ambers dont move... so it must not be that.... i will try the tape/foam rubber as suggested by a bunch of people i've seen on here... and see what it does... but i just want to know...where to get foam rubber for cheap??

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
doglovindork on Feb/24/04 said:
i'm assuming you know that there's a difference between 94-97 tegs and 98-01s? it is really loose...but i don't think that's the problem. just a heads up incase that factor never came up
are you saying 98-01s should be looser?? i know that 94-97 corner lenses and 98 corner lenses are different in shape... but im not sure what exactly you meant...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
they are made for 98-01 integras... both sets i bought have said this... and they fit identical... there is no difference between 98 and 99 integras?? should be the same... i think i will have to look at APC ones... and see how they fit... b4 i keep these...

·
Registered
756 Posts
Want my opinion? Stick with the OEM ambers. You won't have to worry about it then. My clears were the same - gap and they shook. Add the fact that they leaked and fogged up a lot, I just decided to get rid of them and stuck with the OEM ambers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i read on here somewhere that since its not an oem part it wont fit like one. mine are a little loose, but nothing i cant deal with. since youve already invested the money, might as well make em work right?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts