Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i bought the paint and am painting my skirts. the dudes at the paint shop said that if i clear coat on top of the paint it will like bubble up or wrinkle. this true???? cuz if i dont clear coat than it wont look shinny like the car, should i clear coat any way or listen to the paint guy

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
If you try to clear coat before the paint is fully dry then he is absolutely right. If you do it after you are sure the paint is dry then you are fine. Painting is an art of patience. Take your time with it. Give the paint plenty of time to dry before you clear coat it and you will be fine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you have never painted before or taken a class with painting, dont have the right equipment etc then i dont reccommend painting yourself. It seems like you are going to anyway, so i reccommend testing the paint by touching the overspray on the masking paper. When we did mine it took 5 minutes between each coat of color, then 30 minutes before clearcoat and 5 minutes between each of those coats.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive painted cars before with the gun and painted w/ cans b4 just that this was the first time i painted something on MY car. its always easier when your doing someone elses car or when u got someone there telling u what to do step by step. this was the first time i did my own car by my self. but the first one came out good and now its ready for clear coat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.