Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the effects of clear coating vinyl? because I repainted my door panels red a while back and I was thinking about going back over them with a few coats of clear so they'll be kind of glossy but I don't really know whether or not the clear will end up just messing them up or not. Has anyone tried it on their car?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i wouldn't do it. i'm sure it would be fine as long as the vinyl is applied correctly and not peeling up anywhere, but vinyl tends to fade with sunlight, and incase you ever wanted to remove it later, you won't be able to easily without repainting wherever the vinyl is applied.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I painted the interior of my ride last summer(went from G2 "urban brown"-? to black), and clear coated the f--- out of it. Looks good, and helps to resist the paint being scratched off.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Almost all the sportbike custom vinyl jobs you see are clearcoated over the panels, it helps to preserve the vinyl, and also prevents the corners from lifting etc. If it's a vinyl job that you're happy with and plan on having until your next repaint, you should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts