Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
i did for the first time a few months ago. just cover up the battery and distributor with plastic bags and rubber band em nice n tight. then do the same with any exposed wires. spray it with the hose, spray it with engine degreaser, let it soak in n wash it all off. then dry as much of it as u can off and turn the car on and let it do the rest.

alot easier than it looks. but make sure u cover the bat. n dis. n ignition system basically.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yeah clean it up real good, i personally dont know how anyone can stand working on a filty engine...its just nasty.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
"Is this a good idea?"

common topic
try a search too while you are at it, search for engine bay and read though some threads. You know some people acually took the time to write up things and include pictures to share how to do this, and you want us to go over it again? just for you?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I did mine with simple green and a tooth brush for the tight places and dried it with a couple towels and it looks good. I also took off my intake and covered it with a sandwich bag and then put tape around it to hold it on, so I could clean more of the engine. I could eat off it now but I don't. HAHA!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.