Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i try cleaning the inside of my windows with windex and soap and water (out of the sunlight of course) but i still get streaks and swirls...

i heard that the 2nd GEN tegs (my '97gsr) has a UV Coating on the windows... could that be the problem?

What should i clean the windows with?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Newspaper method is where you spray the windows with a mild cleaner, than wipe away with black and white newsprint.

The ink on the newspaper acts as a very fine polish, and will clean and leave your windows looking crystal clean.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
yeah 97 is gen 3.

But yeah, I always get streaks too dammit.
I just thought the rag wasn't clean enough.

It never would have occured to me that there might be some coating on there.

If that's the case, then using windex can't be all that good for it, now can it? Damn, I hope I didn't ruin it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
BTW - he said the INSIDE of the window.

I don't think anyone uses the newspaper method for the inside part.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I just use a microfiber and some mild cleaner on the inside windows. I have never herd of the inside of a window having a coating unless you have tint.

You should be fine to use the newspaper method on the inside windows, but I don't think its necissary.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Something that I've found effective is Stoner Invisible Glass. You can get it online at InvisibleGlass.com or you can look around for it. Its cheaper if you get it online sort of. Actually, they have the best customer service I've ever seen in my life. I ordered a case of it once and was sort of unhappy with it for what I wanted to use it for. I called them and asked them about it and they said that they would be glad to refund my card. I asked them about what I should do with the case of product. LOL Get this... They told me that I could just throw it away or give it to a friend or whatever I wanted. The cost of shipping it back to them would have cost more than the case of product. So I kept it. Its been gathering dust for several months until I broke out a can and started using it on the inside of windows. It works really well on insides. I don't know what the problem was on the outsides. Maybe its reacting with the RainX on my glass. Who knows...? Anyway, it is really good stuff to use on your glass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts