Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brakes are painted gold. but u cant really see the gold much cause of the brake dust and other dirt on it. how do i clean it. any tips and what to do and not to do. what materials to use.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Take your wheels off.

Spray simple green on them full strength.

Get a bucket of soapy water and a brush.

Scrub em down.

Rinse.

·
Registered
280 Posts
when you painted them did you put clear coat over them if not go to the part store and get the 500 degree engine enamel clear coat and spray that over. that will make it shine and some times the clear coat repels some dirt and dust.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no, when i bought the car, it was already painted on.

and the gold brakes r on my civic. not my integra.

but yeah. i just wanna clean them

i wanna know how. and things i shouldnt use.

what is simple green..

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Its cool, Now when people want to know how to clean painted calipers this thread will come up.

Simple Green can be found at any store really. Wallmart, Pepboys or Autozone. They may have the automotive version which is basically the same thing.

I like to use Simple Green because its safe for everything and easy to use. It works very well on everything.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Yep, I like simple green too. Not like that Castrol Super Clean that's would probably take your skin off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
also one more thing. i plan on getting 17 inch rims. and i plan on choosing gun metal type of rims.

are there any maintenance on gun metal rims. like chrome. cause i heard that rims with chrome peels off.

about gun metal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts