Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my header has a deep brown look with almost like its been snowed on also (im in wisconsin) so it looks just nasty - what can I do to clean it and make it look purty ?

Searched already -

Neverdull doesnt work unless im doing something wrong with it - put it on, let it sit for a few, come back wipe it off, its clean for like 1min then back to normal.

Ofcourse im doing this when its cold too.

Anyone know from actual experience what works? i wont wetsand it with 2000grit unless thats my last option.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
I use this to clean my heatshield: brasso.
kinda funny cause i was looking in my garage for something and that stuff works good.

·
Registered
239 Posts
if you're talking about that burnt in oxidation, you need to get out the pollish and the dremel with the cotton pollish bit. some fine, fine grit abrasive (toothpaste like) will get that baked-in crap offa there.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I hate to bring up an older post but my SS DC Sports JDM header is forming rust on the bends and really bad at the flange, is this a common problem? I have had it on about a month ago and I cleaned it right after I installed it with some rubbing alcohol (I was told to use this). This is the only thread that I found to be even discussing something remotely close to what I am wondering. I know that the header changes colors due to the extreme heat from the exhaust, mine is a cool bronze color now, but anyway the rust bothers me and I just wanna know if it is a problem or nothing to be worried about.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
lazygsr on Mar/20/04 said:
I hate to bring up an older post but my SS DC Sports JDM header is forming rust on the bends and really bad at the flange, is this a common problem? I have had it on about a month ago and I cleaned it right after I installed it with some rubbing alcohol (I was told to use this). This is the only thread that I found to be even discussing something remotely close to what I am wondering. I know that the header changes colors due to the extreme heat from the exhaust, mine is a cool bronze color now, but anyway the rust bothers me and I just wanna know if it is a problem or nothing to be worried about.
Thanks,
Chris
i dont understand how it's rusting...the whole purpose of STAINLESS STEEL is that it dosent rust.how in the frik is it rusting!?!?!?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
there's some creme that you use on the header that keeps it from turning bronze...i was pointed to go to the harley davidson shop from a biker enthusiast and inquire about this creme stuff...ever wonder why their bikes are sooo damn shiney, including the exhaust?? some kind of paste they use to keep the chrome from tarnishing...i'll be going there this weekend...he couldn't tell me off the top of his head what it's called since he said you only use it a few times and that's it...

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Don't know why I was such a dick in this post, but anyway.

I picked up some metal polish and it cleaned my header very nicely. It's still new, but I always clean everything often. lol

I picked it up at Wallmart. White tube with blue letters. It did a great job on my Apexi WS, Strut bar, and header.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Furious94LS on Aug/22/04 said:
Don't know why I was such a dick in this post, but anyway.

I picked up some metal polish and it cleaned my header very nicely. It's still new, but I always clean everything often. lol

I picked it up at Wallmart. White tube with blue letters. It did a great job on my Apexi WS, Strut bar, and header.
you don't recall what it's called Furious? i'd like to know since it's like a 40 minute drive to the harley shop...

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Integraoligist on Aug/22/04 said:
Quote: lazygsr on Mar/20/04I hate to bring up an older post but my SS DC Sports JDM header is forming rust on the bends and really bad at the flange, is this a common problem? I have had it on about a month ago and I cleaned it right after I installed it with some rubbing alcohol (I was told to use this). This is the only thread that I found to be even discussing something remotely close to what I am wondering. I know that the header changes colors due to the extreme heat from the exhaust, mine is a cool bronze color now, but anyway the rust bothers me and I just wanna know if it is a problem or nothing to be worried about. Thanks,
Chris

i dont understand how it's rusting...the whole purpose of STAINLESS STEEL is that it dosent rust.how in the frik is it rusting!?!?!?
Tonight when I go home, I'll look for the bottle and post up the name.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
that was hella shiney! but i'm sure it'll bronze back over again after he installs it...the blue stuff looks like a good product to use too! has anyone used it yet? and where can i get it besides ordering it? would the local auto parts store carry that stuff??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.