Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, its now time to buy some real cleaners for my car. I was thinking, after reading styletegs artical on picking your protection, to go with a good sealant and wax. For the sealant, well I've herd many good things about Klasse, but after reading about blackfire, I may wanna go with that. And for a wax probably get Meguair’s No. 26 High Tech. But heres a few things I need help on. Whats a good cloth cleaner (my mom needs one for her car, and I can use it on my floors)??? And I would just any wash do for my car, I have a giant jug of blue stuff thats seems to work prety well, dont know the name off hand. And if I go with Klasse wich one do I need??? Oh and I'm planning on keeping all my stuff under $50 including some things to dry the car with. Thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Instead of blackfire, consider platinum.

Its very simmilar to blackfire, but in my experiance has better shine and duribility.

If you want klasse, you really should get both the "Sealant glaze" and the "All in one". The "All in one" is an excellent cleaner that will leave your finish buttery smooth and ready for the sealant glaze coat. In fact, I use klasse with every sealant I have including platinum.

For cloth, 303 makes a great product called "303 Rug and Apolstry Cleaner". Otherwise you could see whats at your local store as far as foam carpet cleaners. I have had good luck with "one shot carpet cleaner", which can be found in the home cleaning section of target.

Meguiars No. 26 High Tech is a good chioce for carnauba. If you are looking for a top coat for your sealant, considered Blitz, Souveran, or P21S. All have very high quality shine, since duribility isn't an issue (the sealant will be durible).

For wash, Meguiars Gold Class wash is a great bang for the buck wash. Drying, the wiper blade, an absorber, a microfiber drying towel. ALl of those work great.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Oh, dude, get this: The other day I decided to buy some wheel cleaer. I have always bought either Mothers (works well, came out 2 years ago) or Eagle 1 A to Z (my fav). So anyway, while at Pepboys I noticed that Eagle 1 A2Z had a new formula out (it's in a new clear/orange bottle). I figured it was just a new marketing idea or a new look. The bottle said, "new formula". In any event, when I used the stuff I was really amazed - it's by far the best stuff I ever used.

After I cleaned my wheels, I put some of it on my roommate's 1991 BMW 3-series's wheels. He told me that I was wasting my time (his wheels were neglected and are funked up). Well, the stuff actually cleaned the gunk of his wheels and with a 3rd appliation, they actually looked new. He's still amazed.

I know this sounds like some sort of infomercial, but when I try a new product and it actually works, I tend to spread the word...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK so now I was looking online to order all this stuff, and I found some platinum stuff. I decided to go with platnium on your recomendation StyleTEG. But wich one do I want, the Platinum Ultimate Paint Protection, or the Platinum Ultimate Gloss Enhancer??? And for the sealant, I couldnt find Blitz, but I did find this Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax for like $15, is that the stuff I want?? Or is it the other one for $70??? OK the the order I do all this stuff in is, wash, (possibly clay depending on money),wash again, platinum, souveran, then meguiars wax??? And I figure I'll pick up some of that wheel cleaner, and some good tire cleaner to. Thanks again to eveyone.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
You want the Ultimate Paint Protection for sure. That is the actual sealant. The Gloss Enhancer is a spray that adds a bit of extra sparkle to the car if you just want to wipe the dust off.

Liquid Souveran is not the same thing as Blitz. Blitz is a paste that you have to apply from a can. LS is in a bottle. The benefit of LS is that you can apply it with a machine if you have one. If you can't find any Blitz and you really want a paste wax, then check out P21S. It is more opticly pleasing than Blitz in my opinion.

Hopefully you are shopping at www.premiumautocare.com If you type 'teamintegra' into the discount field when ordering then you get an additional 12% off your order.

Don't forget about the TEAM INTEGRA SPECIAL DEAL on that site either. You can get the Platinum and the Klasse for 35 bucks. They have Blitz at that store too. And GREAT microfiber towels. I just got about half a dozen of them. They are perfect towels.

·
Registered
185 Posts
roundle on Sep/15/02 said:
Oh, dude, get this: The other day I decided to buy some wheel cleaer. I have always bought either Mothers (works well, came out 2 years ago) or Eagle 1 A to Z (my fav). So anyway, while at Pepboys I noticed that Eagle 1 A2Z had a new formula out (it's in a new clear/orange bottle). I figured it was just a new marketing idea or a new look. The bottle said, "new formula". In any event, when I used the stuff I was really amazed - it's by far the best stuff I ever used.

After I cleaned my wheels, I put some of it on my roommate's 1991 BMW 3-series's wheels. He told me that I was wasting my time (his wheels were neglected and are funked up). Well, the stuff actually cleaned the gunk of his wheels and with a 3rd appliation, they actually looked new. He's still amazed.

I know this sounds like some sort of infomercial, but when I try a new product and it actually works, I tend to spread the word...
i just bought that stuff too, its way better than the old eagle1 a2z!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
yesss....Jngrbrdman added his two cents...cant get enough of his tips...thanx for the advice oon that big waffle microfiber towel...it dries like nothing ive ever used before...its great! i recommend it to everyone!!! and they have it on sale at 4starplatinum rite now guys..so its even cheap with our 12% go get one...or two!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I wasnt really planning on going with premium (I know I know) I wanted to but I found a good convertable cleaner I told my girlfriend I would order for her on another site. But with this new deal of klasse and premium. I'm definatly going through them. So now I think I'll get that package, a microfiber towel, and some carpet stuff. Maybie some meguires wax, still havent decided on wich to get, still kinda confused on that. Then the order I wanna put all these on is wash Klasse AIO the other Klasse, Platinum, then the other wax I chose, is that right?? Oh and wheels I'm not to concered about, I still have stock ones, there are nice, but some soap cleans them right up. Again thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
If you get platinum, you don't need Klasse Sealant Glaze. They are both acrylic sealants, (used like a wax), so you would want one or the other. Since you can get a deal on Klasse and Platinum, go for that.

So it would be wash, Klasse AIO, Platinum, Wax

hope this hielps.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Have you ever tried 303 convertible top cleaner? They have that on 4Star's site. 303 makes some of the finest stuff out there for protecting this kind of thing. They are the perfect alternative to Armor All for a dash protectant.

I don't know why they don't carry Blitz anymore on that site. P21S is a much better wax. Maybe that is why. If you are going to spend money on a wax then save up for P21S. It kicks Meguiar's ass any day of the week.

Blitz would be your next best bet for wax besides P21S. I've heard that Trade Secret is essentialy the same thing as Souveran Of course, if you are going to go the Souveran route then you need to take advantage of this smokin deal that includes Klasse and towels for the same price as one jar of Souveran. lol Look what you've done... You went and got me talking about wax. lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright I just did it, I went with the two Klasses and the Premium (the package thing) a huge microfiber towel, some 303 cleaner for the interrior and my girlfriends convertable, and the meguiars no.26 wax paste, I didnt feal like spending $25 on the p21s, maybie another time. I figure I'll go with the Klasse before the Platinum, because I think my car shines when I just wash it, might as well keep making it look better and better. Thanks again for everyones help, I'll try to take some pics as soon as I get it all done.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Great going! You won't regret it. That is a great package you picked up. You are really going to be impressed. If you have a good resolution digital camera then maybe you can do half the hood with Klasse and Platinum and then take some pictures of it so we can see the difference. I'm sure it will be huge! Have fun with that stuff!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright I just got all my stuff, but the kit I ordered came a little different. I thought I was suposed to get the Klasse AIO another bottle of Klasse Sealant glaze. But instead I got the AIO and two different bottles of platinum, I forget wich ones they were, one was in a squirt bottle and the other wasnt. I'm not upset or anything, I just dont know wich order to apply them in now. Would it become, wash, klasse, platinum (squirt one), other platinum, then wax??

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
The stuff in the spray bottle is the Gloss Enhancer. You use that between washes. You know, like if you have a clean car and then you hit someone's sprinkler puddle and it splashes on your car. You use the spray to wipe off the water spots. Its just sort of a quick detailing spray.

I don't know that the kits come with the Sealant Glaze. You don't need it anyway. The Platinum Ultimate Paint Protection is better anyway. The order you want to do it in would be..

wash
AIO
Platinum UPP
wait at least 24 hours between coats of UPP

You may want to clay your car between the washing and the AIO. It will make a huge difference. Sounds like you are pretty set though. :) Great choices. You are going to love them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I've finally got around to using all that stuff. I started at 1 and now its 4:30, any my arms are killing me. I used the AIO, platinum, wax, then the spray. And well I'm really not all that impressed with the shine. Yea it looks nice. But not a while lot nicer than when I just give it a regular good wash. I'm sure it'll help for protections mater, and it is smooth as ever. but for the shine its just not what I expected. I dunno if I did anything wrong, wich I dont dont think I did. Or if my colour just dosent shine that well. The reflection is incredible, I can see houses more than 50 yards away. But I did notice alot of dings and chips all over the place that almost made my start crying. But oh well.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Well the AIO and platinum plus wax are a great combination to result in a great shine, but they really do very little for surface preperation.

If you still have swirls, contamination, water spots, chips scratches, orange peel, etc.. the best shining wax/sealant in the world has little to offer.

There is hope, it does have the ability for a knock out shine!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts