Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some moisture it looks like on my windshield from the inside. Ive tried using all those glass cleaners and I cant get it off. I think somebody suggested to me vinegar and water but I dont remember if that was correct. Anybody know of anything I can use to fix it?

·
Registered
883 Posts
I would suggest using professional auto glass cleaner, if you have any friends at a local dealership, they might be able to get you some. Stuff you buy in a store wont be able to help you. I used to have the same problem (not with my integra) and i went to a local porsche dealership where my good friend works, and he gave me some of the stuff they use on the porsches, worked wonders.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Believe it or not, try AIO with an applicator. Rub in pretty hard and wipe off, just like applying to paint. on top of cleaning, it will also reduce fogging of the window and keep it cleaner.

*This method IS window-tint safe.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
x-comcomputer on Apr/14/04 said:
AIO? Sorry ive never heard of it.
Its a paint cleaner. Don't bother looking for it locally because its not usually sold in stores. You are fairly new here so you probably haven't heard about it before because its really only talked about online unless you talk with detailers alot. Do some searches on it. Its great for your paint. It would work on glass too if you are trying to just clean it. Its not abrasive so it won't scratch or haze or anything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Would your guys' suggestions help prevent moisture as well? I haven't been driving my car much in the last couple months because of no insurance. But I try to take it out every once in a while. I noticed my rear window hatch is getting moisture around the edges. I'm not sure if it's just because the car isn't driven or not. Anyway to help prevent this? Tried searching but not much info on moisture or condensation on the hatch window.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
well on club-RSX they have a teg tip for people that have foggy windows and they say use ammonia and alot of water. Not TINT FRIENDLY!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
^^^ that rain X fog doesnt work very well, i followed the instructions very carefully and my windows fog up even worse now. and locke, im from texas as well and I think i know and have the same problem you are, ive tried using my defroster and AC to clear my windows and it still doesnt work.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
maybe it's condensation on the outside not trying to be an wize ass but try using your windsheild wipers then your defrosters. maybe?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey I have a similar problem, Ac evaporator broke, and I have a kinda dirty interior windshield already. So now when it fogs up it's really bad. I've tried auto glass cleaners in the past and rain x fog and they dont work very well. When I use a regular window cleaner, the first time the window gets foggy I can see a lot of swirls and stuff and its bad. So if you guys can thing of anything to use on the cabin side of the windshield it would be much appreciated.Thanks.
Justin

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Are you talking about water spots or actual water?

If you're talking about morning condensation etc. there's nothing you can really do to keep it from building up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i got this from the net:
"
You can make an inexpensive anti-fog glass spray to keep your bathroom mirrors and the inside of your car's windshield fog-free. This solution keeps condensation from collecting on these surfaces.

Steps:
1.Pour 2 ounces of white vinegar in a medium sized bowl.

2.Add 1 quart hot water.

3.Dip a clean, lint-free cloth into mixture.

4.Lightly wring out cloth.

5.Wipe mirrors and the inside of car windshields with cloth.

6.Allow to dry. "

Report back if it works!!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
vinegar and water work (trust me, my mom said so...lol). Why not just use windex? You might want to check and see if there is water in your trunk. The only time the inside of my windows ever fogged up was when it rained for like 5 days striaght and I had like a gallon of water in my trunk.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
i know on nice paintball masks they have thermal lenses so fogging isnt a problem..

but i think im going to try that aio stuff on my windows and see what happens

anyone get results yet

1 - 20 of 23 Posts