Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headlights on my 94 are looking pretty sh*tty when it sit's next to my 01. The headlights look brown and fogged up and they are rough to the touch.... anyone know a way to remove that brownish fog that collects on our headlights and maybe get rid of some of the little imperfections ?

p.s.: I head that metal polish (slightly abrasive) can take scratches out of glass but I havent tried it myself.

·
Registered
103 Posts
my buddy just bought this clear plastic polish....it worked awesome...you should try that....i'm not sure what it's called though

·
Registered
95 Posts
i tryed 3M at a meet and in a few minutes the yellow cloudyness was gone, but the imperfections were still there. As for those minor scratches Micromesh will work great, its a little pricey(im hopeing to find something cheaper) but it will get the job done. It works like sandpaper, low to high grit to buff out scratches. Search for it and you'll find the link to the Micromesh page.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I used Zymol paint cleaner on mine, works GREAT....clears them up very nicely...sratches are still there though.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
What I use on mine seems to work really well. I use GS27 or Meguiar's ScratchX on the lens first. Really put your back into it. Those are pretty awesome cleaning pastes. If they will take scratches out of paint then they can help buff down a few scratches on some plastic. Then follow that up with Klasse All in one. That really puts the shine back in the lens. Makes them look good as new. In fact, I think I'd better go do that right now. :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Also if you're looking for a quick/cheap fix try nail polish remover. Make sure the remover has acetone in it though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool ... thx guys ... I think it would also be a good note to let people know that they should cover up the paint around the headlights when doing this .. most of the suggestions involve abrasives and could do damage to paint...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
i have the 3M plastic cleaner. It takes lots of the dirt off and foggy stuff. What makes it looks alot cleaner and better is the 3M Plastic polish it works great. I notice a sunifficent improvement while using it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
MichiRaces2Much on Aug/31/02 said:
Also if you're looking for a quick/cheap fix try nail polish remover. Make sure the remover has acetone in it though.
Nail Polish remover
...I tried it on part of my right headlight dabbed on to a rag...it felt like the Nail polish was eating away at the plastic and it left scratches

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Worked fine for me, but to each his own

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
RainX makes a really good glass polish too. Its pretty tough to find sometimes though. Its in a blue box.

·
Registered
248 Posts
any type of wax pre cleaner will work also and if you get it on your car, hey! it wont hurt it, cause its made to wax your car. we have used either the liquid glass pre cleaner, or meguiars pre cleaner. all found at your local Discount Auto Parts, Pep Boys, Wal-Mart, Kmart, TArget, etc.......

also use it just you would when waxing, polish on!! buff off!!!!!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
yup, all good ideas here!

3M Plastic Polish/Cleaner, ScratchX, Plexus, Paint Precleaner, etc

Toothpaste would work, but the consistancy of the abrasives in it could make it alittle tougher to get an even polish. I would stick to what was listed above. =)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Damn, so the headlights will just get all dirty and scratched from years of exporuse. Is there like some kind of plastic clear tape or coating you can put on the headlights so you wont scratch or damage them? Cuz I bet in 5 years, mine will ger all dirty and scratched up just from wear and tear. Or I could just get a new headlight assembly.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts