Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have a 98 gsr and i recently swaped in a 97 jdm b18c, i replaced the oil pump for a pump with the bracket for the crank sensor and used the old sensor, im still using my usdm ecu but i figured that i wouldnt throw the ckf code because im using it with the old wiring harness and ecu but i still threw it sooo should i just use the

CKF bypass trick???

http://technet.ff-squad.com/ckftrick.htm

Is this a good idea? it seems alot better than trying to figure out why the code is being tripped if i have it mounted right and pluged up....

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Don't see why not? Haven't done it myself but if it works...

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Tape up the connector and zip tie it up so there won't be any water or dirt getting in there. Plus it won't be flapping around.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is there anyway that i could just leave the crank flucuation sensor pluged in? it is like impossible to get to and unclip...if im bypassing it why cant i just leave it pluged in?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
97Ateg on Oct/04/07 said:
is there anyway that i could just leave the crank flucuation sensor pluged in? it is like impossible to get to and unclip...if im bypassing it why cant i just leave it pluged in?

I don't get it? If you leave it pluggd in, then that means you have the sensor? And if that is the case, why the need for the mod?

Quote: 97Ateg on Oct/04/07 what if i just cut the wires and electrical tape them up real good or something will this work equally as good?
Why cut the wires when you can just tape up the connector to prevent dirt & water from getting in? You can always re-use it later. Having a cut harness makes it that much worse when you have to reverse.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok so i finished and still have the light but the code is p1382 which is "cylinder position sensor no signal" but i followed the instructions step by step...the reason i did this mod is because i swaped the oil pump with one with the mount and used the old sensor but i think during the swap the sensor got damaged so i did this because i didnt feel like spending 300 for a new sensor. but now i have a cel for the cylinder position sensor...this sucks. any ideas....?

·
Registered
94 Posts
i jsut did the same trick yesterday spliced them together then cut c1 and c11 ecu plug side so i have those two wires hanging off the plug, and it states to cut or depin those wires, cel is still on.is that correct cuz if u cut thsoe than the ecu isnt gettin a signal on those pins or are you suppose to cut going to the sensor (after the splice ) rather than b4 ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
yeah! Im about to start my 96 with a 92 rebuilt engine. That write up doesn't make too much sense to me. we're supposed to tap into the cylinder position sensor but it tells us to cut the wires that go back to the ecu from the crank fluctuation sensor or "depin it at the ecu plug" now isn't that the same thing as leaving the fluctuation sensor unplugged? Because your cutting at the plug and c1 and c11 are both for the fluctuation sensor. All your doing is sending signal to an unplugged fluctuation sensor. Then also Im not sure if it's a typeo near the top of the write up is says "ckp" where I think he ment to write "cyp". Can anyone please clarify.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.