Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybodys help would be great here.
I run my integra w/out power steering. Right now the teg has the belt,pump,and resavoir removed. I looped the return line back to the pressure line and I have ran it like that.

What I would like to know is if a manual civic steering rack will bolt into my 94ls and if so, is there any weight reduction by doing this besides the weight of the lines. I know the steering will be slower, but hey, I cant get anybody to set up an auto x w/ me anyways!

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
You can pick up a manual rack from just about any bone yard for $45 and save all that trouble.

·
Registered
86 Posts
hahaa, yeah I'm not positive but I THINK that a civic manual rack will work...

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
again, glfsurfer, thanks, I finished my setup w/ a few different touches and It is like night and day. The system works great and I still retained the quicker ratio of the integra rack,which im happy with!
Thanks again.

BTW....the touches I was talking about are things like the resivour. I used the stock one instead of buying a high dollar 20 oz coke bottle, drilled a 1 1/4" hole in the top around the cap and put in a fairly large v8 valvecover breather.I used the factory bracket to mount it to the side of the driver side strut tower. I put less than 15.00 In the whole setup and it looks trick and works great. When you pop the hood, its the first thing they ask about. some people look at you like your insane, the others think your a genius!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeh, I like to think so. But you gotta figure, how many people pay alot more for A lot less. Really, I paid nothing for the "3 whp" (removing the belt) I paid 15.00 and an hour and half of my labor for the 18lbs, cleaner looking engine bay, and the much easier turning effort.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Glad to hear some good feedback from that, maybe one day I'll get around to it....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts