Team Integra Forums banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,172 Posts
I would have preferred that, and that was the original plan. But the turbo is in the way. The current stock hood already has some of the webbing cut out to avoid contact.
What about trying just the hole then without anything else first. If it doesn't work you can always add the cowl later. Might get the same effect with half the work.

·
Super Moderator
14,172 Posts
well, in that case have fun.:beer:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #188 (Edited)

well I'm tired of the turbo... I was at road American on Monday and on the 4th session of the day I smelled a hint of coolant, finished making my left hand turn. I look down, temp gauge is reading normal, and then spikes instantly to hot. I pull off the track and turn the car off, but leave the key on so the fan stays running. I get towed backing. Thinking I just blew a hg or maybe the head lifted.

Upon firing the car back up and giving it a few revs, a very noticeable knock was present. **** me... The next day I changed the oil which didn't look bad. Fired the car up and I had 30psi startup oil pressure. So I shut her down and started looking for options to get the car towed back to Indiana.

The car seems easily fixable, but I'm tired of dealing with this.

On a good note, the car did haul ass and drive awesome the first 3 sessions. I'm uploading a vid currently to youtube. I throw it up here ones its completed.

So prepare for a new build and a list of parts to be sold off the car. More to come as I decide what the final outcome will be.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Car has been sitting for what 6 years now? Working on bring her back alive. Just ordered CP pistons and CP rods. Going to ditch the B17 crank and drop my B18C5 pack in. Compression will be around 10.5:1 and be a full 2.0L instead of the 1.8L with the B17 crank. Still going to keep the turbo just lower the boost and run E85.

Lots to do to get this back into shape. Better late than never.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts