Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so about 3 months ago I buy some Polk 6.5" EX365 speakers. They installed them for free and even installed the Dynamat I bought too. I told them to install them in the rear.

So today I had my door panels off to fix my broken door lock switch. And I notice they installed the speakers in the front!

The guy told me there is a lifetime warranty on the installation. Should I go back and make them install them in the rear of the car? The dynamat is the other issue.....they already applied it to the doors.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Uhh if there is a lifetime warranty and you don't like what they did, then take it back. Thats a pretty easy choice IMO. ***** until you get it the way you want it. Don't settle for mediocracy, take it back and tell them you want it done such and such a way.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Their fault...I think they should leave it where it as an put it in the back free...just complain about it and let them know how much of an inconvenience it is for you...they will want to make you happy if they ever want you to come back

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought my girlfriend a CD deck and Kenwood 6 1/2" speakers from them. It was around Christmas, so it was free installation. Yeah free, but $hitty! After the install we were sitting in the parking lot listening to the stereo with new front speakers. They were making a rattling sound. I went back in a told them. Some guy that worked there was asking what kind of music I was listening to. I told him Hip Hop. He said "yeah there you go, people try to put the bass real high for Hip Hop music with small speakers and it rattles." I told him no man the speaker is rattling not from the music but from something wrong with the speaker installation. He kept on insisting. After all that I made him take off the door and fix it in the dark ***it was night-time*** It ended up being the power window switch that was left loose inside the door. From now on I won't have them install my stuff. I'm still bumpin to the factory deck. It's still all good.

·
Registered
461 Posts
MorningZ on Aug/14/02 said:
i hope you are not planning on front stock and the polk's in the back, that would be a mistake....
why would this be a mistake. i have alpine speakers in the back and stock fronts. it doesn't sound to bad. am i missing something. to me it sounds like i get more sound from the back anyway?

·
Registered
567 Posts
i'd think you'd want better quality speakers in the front since that's mostly what you'll be hearing..the rear seems more like filler to me. i think components up front and a pair of 2 or 3 ways in the rear is sufficient, but stockies in the front then components in the rear seems wrong to me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Aug/14/02 said:
Quote: MorningZ on Aug/14/02i hope you are not planning on front stock and the polk's in the back, that would be a mistake.... Explain!
it's like z has said in previous posts. you wouldn't go to a concert to hear the sound coming from behind you. you want your thunder in the front. the rear ones are just fillers. if all the sound comes from the back, it just won't sound right.

·
Registered
187 Posts
if your system is set properly the rear speaker should be barely audible.unless you lean your seat way back when you drive lol. so keep the polks in the front. just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
ok the stock front "componets" if you can even call them that, suck. it doesnt matter if they have a tweeter just take them out and put the polks up front. like it has been posted before, your ears will here the front speakers much better than the back, so they should be the ones that are the clearest. also most competition systems dont even have rear speakers. a good pair of front speakers is all you need.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts