Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know where exactly to put this thread.

Anyway, anyone have a copy of his ls/vtec dyno? The article that MD wrote over at hondavision has a link to the dyno, but it's no longer working. Did someone save it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
TegGsr2120 on Mar/14/04 said:
Doesn't seem like a good bang for the buck
uh...I wouldn't presume to make any judgements until you saw the "BEFORE" picture.:

I'd say 57 whp gain (with a healthy looking powerband) is pretty good bang for the buck wouldn't you?

I can't say anything about the reliability though.

Chris has a bigger 2L monster now. That 1.8L LS VTEC is ancient history.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's the reason I didn't go LS/Vtec with my teg. I heard some stories of good numbers, and some stories of bad. I was also told that it depended on who put your setup together that would really determine the numbers you get. Plus, nothing beats reliability like a OEM engine.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Rock_The_Ace on Mar/16/04 said:
That's the reason I didn't go LS/Vtec with my teg. I heard some stories of good numbers, and some stories of bad. I was also told that it depended on who put your setup together that would really determine the numbers you get. Plus, nothing beats reliability like a OEM engine.
all the parts on an ls vtec can be oem.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
MD, silly goose, thats weird, i hear so many different things about Ls VTEC like life expentency of the engine is less than 30K miles, blah blah blah. whats the real deal here? im confused, so many different stories. Its kinda hard to find out. I was thinking about doing it, but i heard its good and bad. the LS block will handle the vtec but wont last, stuff like that. got me kinda worried!

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
austinxtreme512:

We have a ton of resources on here already that discuss the pros and cons of the hybrid engines.

Please check the common topics, I know for a fact that we have a couple ls and b20 vtec threads in there.

MD also authored a very informative hybrid article on automotivetech.org that you should check out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts