Team Integra Forums banner

Checking for Vacuum Leaks

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jjkz24 
#1 ·
I have had a problem w/ a bouncy idle for a while now and have found a new IACV for about $150. Im hoping that the problem with my car is just a vacuum leak and not a bad IACV. I want to check my hoses to make sure there is no leak, but I dont know where to check. Could someone do me a huge favor and send me a picture of their engine bay with the hoses I should be checking marked off or circled or something?
It would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
check all the hoses running to and from the intake manifold/throttle body. i had a problem with a high idle with no explanation the other day, idk if your having the same problem, but look on the intake manifold, and the clip on the right side that runs off the same wires as all the injectors, unplug and plug it back in. fixed it for me and i have no idea why. hope it helped a little
edit: try cleaning the IACV also, therse an article on how to do it somewhere

#6 ·
check all the hoses running to and from the intake manifold/throttle body. i had a problem with a high idle with no explanation the other day, idk if your having the same problem, but look on the intake manifold, and the clip on the right side that runs off the same wires as all the injectors, unplug and plug it back in. fixed it for me and i have no idea why. hope it helped a little
edit: try cleaning the IACV also, therse an article on how to do it somewhere
Do u have photos?
Anyone can post photos?
Also is there a typical area you would commonly observe vacuum leak in this car? I am trying to rule out CAT as i have emission issue. But my car idle perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.