Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
how can i check what code my car is throwing when the maintance light comes on. Is there a device to check the code?

Also the check engine light(maintance light) comes on one of my other cars and i was wondering if its possible to find out on that car as well. (92 Mazda MPV)

instead of going to the auto mall and getting over charged.

thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
the maintance light and check engine light are two different lights. The maintance light is to remind morons about regularly scheduled maintance like oil changes and sh*t. The check engine light goes on when the ecu is throwing a code.

If the check engine like is on here is how you check it. There is a service connector underneath the glove compartment on the right hand side. Pull this out, it has a green cover and is a blue connector with two wires. Using a paper clip jump the connector. To read the code put key in and turn to full power(2 clicks)

The check engine light will start to flash with a series of long flashes and short flashes. The long flashes indicates the tens digit and the short flashes indicates the ones digit.

for more help go to http://www.c-speedracing.com/faq/06.html

Hope this helps

-Jon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts