Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1996 GSR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ti,
After replacing my clutch I started having a couple issues, I was able to for the most part sort through and fix the problems. Now I'm left with my last issue and I need your guys' help to fix it. It sputters and hesitates really bad at all RPM under load. It does throw a check engine light but I cant read it with either of my scan tools and I tried doing the jumper trick with a paperclip and that didn't work either. Could it be something with the dizzy? I didn't mess with the fuel system, my intake isn't clogged and my throttle body opens up just fine, so could it be my timing? What Sensors should I be inspecting to see if one of them broke? I'm kinda outta ideas and want to hear your opinions.

Thanks,
Z3

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
Code need pulled, or it's a guessing game of multiple possibilities.

Code needs pulled first before anyone can assist. If this is OBD2, then anyone at your local auto-parts store should be able to retrieve the code.

·
Registered
1996 GSR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Code need pulled, or it's a guessing game of multiple possibilities.

Code needs pulled first before anyone can assist. If this is OBD2, then anyone at your local auto-parts store should be able to retrieve the code.
I've tried to pull the code to no avail, neither of my two scanners or the local Vatozone's scanner could pull a code from the car. I've also tried the paperclip jumper method and the check engine light just stayed solid, indicating no thrown codes. That's why I'm out of ideas.

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
I've tried to pull the code to no avail, neither of my two scanners or the local Vatozone's scanner could pull a code from the car. I've also tried the paperclip jumper method and the check engine light just stayed solid, indicating no thrown codes. That's why I'm out of ideas.
Has this been converted to OBD1, or are you still OBD2?

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
Look at the ECU. On the side, they'll be a sticker with a part number. We need the part number. Anything 1996 and newer (for any vehicle, ever made) will be OBD2 from the factory. People who convert Civics & Integras to OBD1 do so to tune the vehicle, as OBD2 Integras cannot be tuned. I have a hunch that this has been converted, hence why the OBD2 port (where you connect your scanner), isn't reading the ECU.

Also - what is a "little modded"?

·
Registered
1996 GSR
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at the ECU. On the side, they'll be a sticker with a part number. We need the part number. Anything 1996 and newer (for any vehicle, ever made) will be OBD2 from the factory. People who convert Civics & Integras to OBD1 do so to tune the vehicle, as OBD2 Integras cannot be tuned. I have a hunch that this has been converted, hence why the OBD2 port (where you connect your scanner), isn't reading the ECU.

Also - what is a "little modded"?
A little modded may be the wrong term because the Motors stock besides the CAI and Stage 2 Clutch, I was actually more referring to the chassis (NRG buckets, Steering wheel, harnesses, 4 point cage, Truhart Coils, ect.)

The ECU has two codes and a big G1 printed on it. Those two codes are 37820-P72-A02 and 970-103931.
I did a quick little search and it looks like I have an OBD1 P72 from a 95 GSR. Thank you for your help that explains alot.

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
A little modded may be the wrong term because the Motors stock besides the CAI and Stage 2 Clutch, I was actually more referring to the chassis (NRG buckets, Steering wheel, harnesses, 4 point cage, Truhart Coils, ect.)

The ECU has two codes and a big G1 printed on it. Those two codes are 37820-P72-A02 and 970-103931.
I did a quick little search and it looks like I have an OBD1 P72 from a 95 GSR. Thank you for your help that explains alot.
And that would definitely be the explanation on why scanners aren't reading the ECU on the OBD2 port of your vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts