Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my check engine light comes on from time to time im putting some white smoke out the exhaust on ly after the light comes on. i turn the car off and start again light goes away. so i connect the plug by the dash together with a wire and it just keeps on blinking slow not fast and won't stop blinking i waited for along time because i was trying to count but it just wouldn't stop any clue to what my problem is or why this might be doing that?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHEN I SHUT IT OFF the smoking stops it only smokes when i get on if over 7000 rpm im running with a type r motor and tranny if that helps. ps my car service manual is MIA plus nothing on my car is stock so im not sure if that wil do any good figuring that engine and tranny are different

·
Registered
69 Posts
how is he going to check the codes on an obd1 car? unless when he swapped in the type R engine he took the hook up for the obd2 with it. Check the plugs and see what they tell you. go from there

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the plugs were curled to 25 when i adjusted them to 40 the engine light does not come on thanks for the help!

·
Registered
156 Posts
it never stops blinking there are slow blinks(first number of hte code), then fast blinks(second number of code) the cel will continue to flash either another code or the same code if there is only one

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the light came on again and i just im flustered i cant figure out what it is. i jump the diagnostics and the light cam on again but slow blinks but once again wouldn't stop. now "that stated a good point what if and im saying what if i have a 1994 model (obd1) teg and the motor was switched out with a type r (obd2) and they took the obd2 with the engine where could i find it to check? and would this cause it to not work properly? when i jump it i mean any help would be appreciated as i don't want anything to mess up in my engine.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Well, first thing I would do would be to stop trying to go to redline on an engine with a problem.

Second thing, when you pull the code as described in the articles, I believe the code keeps repeating so you need to follow the directions on how to read the code the car is giving you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well every car that i have had stops blink eventually then you have to
turn the ignition to see the code again.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
stefan420 on Jun/24/08 said:
well every car that i have had stops blink eventually then you have to
turn the ignition to see the code again.
Depends. If you have more than one code, it will keep going.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well it is all slow blinks so i guess it could be either code 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10. but like i said it earlier it never stops blinking i counted until 50 or so one time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well it is all slow blinks so i guess it could be either code 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10. but like i said it earlier it never stops blinking i counted until 50 or so one time.
Hey i have a 95 integra that i just did a head gasket change to. so far the car has no leaks and has been running strong but it has a big idle problem and the check engine light is on but when i check for codes it does the same thing.. i counted all the way to 30 so idk what this means.. could it be code 1 which is a heated O2 sensor??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts