Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I just bought my gs-r, and 2 days after I got it the check engine light came on. I had my mechanic run the scanners on it, and he found a bad o2 sensor and replaced it for me. So everythings been good for about 2 weeks, but last night I was booting around a bit and the light came back on.
I just made it flash me the code and I got a '63' so according to the articles, it is either

1) Secondary O-2 Sensor Circuit
2) Intake Air Temperature

it is damn cold here, so I doubt it's the air temp... is there any reason why this problem would have come back?? sounds like it's reporting the o2 sensor again!
please help!

·
Registered
189 Posts
take it to autozone and use obd2 code scanner but i thought that a code 10 was intake air temperature sensor i have a list of obd2 codes that are pulled from a scanner usually autozone will scan it free for you though

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so it could be a typo in the article... it's got 10 and 63 as being intake air temp...
unfortunately no autozone here, I'm in Canada. My mechanic is great, so he'll hook it up to a scanner and not charge me since he just did the o2 sensor last week. Is there any chance that the new one is bad already? any reason why I'd be burning through them?

·
Registered
189 Posts
well if 63 could be either then wouldnt the 10 be there also if that was the problem? high flow cat in there possibly cause it could be throwing secondary o2 code thinking it isnt working with the reading it gets but it really is giving the right reading

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
my helm's says 63 only has to do with secondary o2 sensor circuit.

which o2 sensor he replace first time? if it was primary, then secondary tends to go bad near the same time.

you'd get code 67 for the high-flow cat.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry, should have mentioned... it was the secondary that he replaced. I got an aftermarket one cuz it cost wayyyy less $$'s.
I don't have a high flow cat, like I said I just got the car and haven't even got a CAI installed yet (next weekend) :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nobody else has had this persistant problem? man that really sucks for me :( .... oh well back to the mechanic she goes today. thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts