Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CEL just came on, and i used the codes to deciefer it. i got a 67, which is the catalyst system......does anyone know what this actually means? i am at school now so theres no acura dealership around me, should i bring it to a honda dealership? thanks fellas

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
sounds like your cat converter is on its way out. Do you hear a rattling from underneith you, or do you have any strange smells while driving?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just installed the new cat from smsp. shouldnt be a problem......i guess in this case if i bring it to the dealership, they would make me change back to stock eh? hm....should i just take it back to the muffler shop where i got it installed?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would a header exhaust gas leakage cause this to go off? yes there is a slight smell but not too intense, you can only smell it when you are behind the car.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
That new cat you installed doesnt do as good a job of cleaning the air as the stock one does, so the ecu doesnt see as big a difference in pollutants between the o2 sensor before and after the cat, giving you a CEL. The only way to alleviate the problem is with a o2 sensor emulator, something that you plug in in place of youre 2nd sensor which pretends to be an o2 sensor reading the correct amounts of pollutants.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks br1t, so is it ok if i just leave it as it is? if not where can i find this o2 sensor emulator? THANKS alot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts