Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw a check engine light the other day and jumped the cpu. The code came back 91 (says in the book either low or high fuel tank pressure). It said to tighten the gas cap, which I did, and go for 3 trips, so I did. Still got this damn light on. Anyone else ever have this problem, and maybe know how to fix it???

·
Registered
296 Posts
IF the light is still on you have to reset or use a scanner to clear it. As long as you tightened the cap and just tighten it like everytime you should be ok. If you don't have access to a scanner just reset your ecu and if the light comes back on then you have a problem if not then you fixed it.

Man i thought that warning was just sort of a precaution on the gas cap...guess not.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the book it says that you just have to take 3 trips and it will go off. But I will test your idea tonight!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know this topic thread is about 2 years old, but I have a question that should be in this thread. Well my CEL came on like 4 days ago. I just went out to my car and realized that i have lost my fuel gas cap. Is that enough to set off the CEL? If so, where can i pick up a new gas cap? Will any fit?

-Thank you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
fourdoorvtec on Aug/15/02 said:
In the book it says that you just have to take 3 trips and it will go off. But I will test your idea tonight!!!

What do you by 3 trips... Drive around 3 times on a long or short trip??
What if you didn't lose the gas cap and cel is still there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts