Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there are any issues with cheap shift knobs. I was just looking at this one because I want something with colored lettering for the gears. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any issues that may come up with the cheap knob and if the weight of this knob (105g) would be a problem. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
They break. everything cheap for automotives breaks or has something wrong with it, its the way it is. I would recommend spending your money on a more quality knob that won't fall apart when you shift hard.

The general rule with ebay parts, especially when cheap: steer clear.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
the only problem u might have with it is...

1) led's will stop workin/wont work (it would be a while anyways)
2) they wont line up perfectly unless u got the nut to go underneith it...

other than that the knob itself will prolly not break..

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
ishbog on Oct/11/07 said:
They break. everything cheap for automotives breaks or has something wrong with it, its the way it is. I would recommend spending your money on a more quality knob that won't fall apart when you shift hard.

It's just a freakin shift knob not a short shifter, i don't know how the hell a shift knob could break besides the led's not working.. i have a cheap auto zone shift knob with led's and it never broke or anything and there really isn't a possible way to break..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
PureTeg89 on Oct/10/07 said:
96teggy088, where from?
actually i got mine off of ebay... it looks really nice. i was very surprised. the nut didnt fit on the shifter so i just used the knob, which didnt go on all the way but happened to line up just right

and i also had an autozone one and it broke... it started spinning and the it wouldnt stay on tight

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
98WHTDB7 on Oct/11/07 said:
Quote: PureTeg89 on Oct/10/0796teggy088, where from?

actually i got mine off of ebay... it looks really nice. i was very surprised. the nut didnt fit on the shifter so i just used the knob, which didnt go on all the way but happened to line up just right

and i also had an autozone one and it broke... it started spinning and the it wouldnt stay on tight
do you use the cups it came with and installed it correctly? it shouldn't and impossible to slide if you did it right..

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
"Quality" shift knobs arent really expensive. For another $15-20 u can get a namebrand knob that u wont have questions about.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
what started to spin first was the knob itself... not the connection. it was a ball shape with like "layers" and they spun seperatly. then the lil connector things are rubber so it just wore away over a couple weeks

·
Registered
296 Posts
I bought a black chrome type -r shift knob offline (ebay) and the clearcoat (the black chrome) peeled off after a week. Then I got the hook up on a skunk 2 type-r shift knob and am lovin it (thing feels like it weights 3lbs!!) but they are regularly way to expensive IMO for a shift knob. the one you selscted form ebay shouldn't be a problem use low grade loctite on the bolt so it wont come loose thats my only issue with knobs without threads Ive been through like 7 knobs only 3 had threads it just gets annoying to have to keep tightening up the bolt.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Lolz... what were you thinking... is there a reason you need gear numbers that big??

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
tsqualers on Oct/11/07 said:
"Quality" shift knobs arent really expensive. For another $15-20 u can get a namebrand knob that u wont have questions about.
i agree. I have also gotten some cheapy ones off ebay before.. they were ok but always remember u get what u pay for

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well if you get it let us know how it works out, I may get it...

About the type R knockoff, how big is it compared to the real one and other pricier knobs?? I kinda think that the ebay knobs are kinda BIG in comparason.

mike

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not a huge cf fan, thanks though. Maybe some of the other posters will be interested.

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
92BLKINTEGRA on Oct/11/07 said:
Quote: ishbog on Oct/11/07They break. everything cheap for automotives breaks or has something wrong with it, its the way it is. I would recommend spending your money on a more quality knob that won't fall apart when you shift hard.

It's just a freakin shift knob not a short shifter, i don't know how the hell a shift knob could break besides the led's not working.. i have a cheap auto zone shift knob with led's and it never broke or anything and there really isn't a possible way to break..
when you are shifting hard cheap knobs strip the threads holding it on then the knob falls off and your forced to replace your shifter because your cheap knob ****ed it up

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.