Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to change my timing belt this weekend and I was looking in my helms manual yesterday. It says to remove the crankshaft pulley....but what I'm wondering is do I really need to? It seems to me that if I loosen the tensioner so I can get the belt off the cam gears I can just remove the belt around the crank pulley without removing the pulley. Or even just cut the old timing belt off with scissors if that won't work.

Am I missing something? I just thought I could save a step because it sounds like getting that crank pulley off can be a pain.

Thanks-

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I think for the timing belt cover to come off, you 'll need to remove the pulley.

·
Registered
124 Posts
there are a couple of bolts holding the cover on behind the pully. make sure you have a chain wrench to hold on to the pully or like a 1inch impact that bolt is on there . good luck its a lot harder than it looks in the helms manule. or at least removing that pully

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
If you do end up using a chain wrench, wrap a rag around the pulley to help minimize the damage.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You should look into gettin a 55mm hex that fits in the crank pulley. This will probably be more effective than a chain wrench. I recommend takin ur teg down to a local shop & have them loosen the crank pulley bolt cuz it's pretty tuff to get it off on ur own.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Or, you can by the tool specifically made to hold the cranks pulley for Hondas. I thinks it's around $50.

·
Registered
2 Posts
in oder to remove the crank pully you will need one person to hold the break and it shoud come off easy you have to take the tier off in oder to get the bolt and once you remove it and get you new timming belt in please let me know who did you time it once you put the new one one because i want to get smoe cam gears just not sure how to time it please let me know thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.