Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Be sure not to pry on it with a screw driver, and also make sure you have something that is round and is very flat on the ends that you can easily tap the new seal in with. You have to make sure you drive it in straight, also apply a small amount of opil to it too so that it slides in better and will reduce the chances of a tear or rip.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice, that's the kind of info I was looking for actually.  Think a rubber mallet would work when putting that seal in?

Also, any other seals in that area that I should change while I'm at it?  Thanks again...

In Reply To:
Be sure not to pry on it with a screw driver, and also make sure you have something that is round and is very flat on the ends that you can easily tap the new seal in with. You have to make sure you drive it in straight, also apply a small amount of opil to it too so that it slides in better and will reduce the chances of a tear or rip.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would not use a rubber mallet. This is whaT I do to make a seal driver. Get your new seal and go to home depot. Go the the plumbing section and find plastic pipe coupling that is just slightly smaller than the seal. This is what you will use along with a small meatl or brass (brass perferably, incase you miss it is softer than the aluminum and will not hrut anything) hammer. The reason for the plastic coupling is b/c it is soft and flat. It being falt helps to keep the seal straight while driving it in, and it being plastic insures that you will not scare anything up if it touches area that you are driving the seal into. Now what you are going to want to do is gently tap the seal in and after every 2-4 taps check it to make sure it is going straight, if it is not going straight then try to angle the coupling a little to make it straight before it gets too uneven. If you need anymore help just let me know I would be glad to help a fellow TI member out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.