Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i finally got that deh-p6400 ive been wanting.
its workin' and sounding great, but one thing thats buggin' me is the illumination of the buttons. it's all green when my car is all blue, so its like wtf. anyone nkow a way to change the color? it'd also be nice if it matched the oel display also..thanks, any help is appreciated

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was going for the same thing.. I carefully took apart my pioneer deh-p8200r.. well it's pretty much impossable to change the color of the green buttons. The green light is from a flat green LED hard wired next to each button. It's soo small to me it seems impossable to unsolder it and put in another color.. you most definatly will majorly f*k something up.. unless you do that sorta stuff for a living and have high quality equipment. as for the display.. well I wanted that blue not aqua.. so with the face off..i masked everything off and took some blue spray tint and went to town.. every thing looked good and blue so i put it back together and put it in the car.. and the light that showed through was.. AQUA!!
well i took the face back apart and sprayed more coats.. and tested it again.. still aqua! so i sprayed more and more and more..and finally it looked kinda blue.. I couldn't go anymore sinse the other color display parts were begining to dim to so much that you could barely see them. So everything looks close enuff to blue.. it's a nice color.. but then i go driving in the daytime..and I can barely see anything! I have to put my hand over to make a shadow to see the time
this is where I admid defeat. that was only part of the story..the whole episode went a couple days long and resulted in me having to also put some clear coat on the front of the face to make everything un hazy from earlier attempts at making the face blue. .. So in short.. be happy w/ it the way it is.. if you mess with it all you get is a big headache and not what you wanted

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn..i was afraid that kinda thing would happen...heh i tried to open up my cell phone to change the green lights to blue, but i saw those flat little leds there also, so i just figured i had better put it back together before i f**k something up...but thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey, yeah.. shops change those flat lil leds in cell phones for a price.. maybe we could pay one of those shops to change the leds in the deck face? hmmm... gonna be costly tho..that's a lot of leds and i know it cost a lot jus the change the few in the cell phones :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
scratch that.. I just took my face back apart to put another layer of clear coat on the front..and the light isn't next to the button, it's built into the side of it

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uhh...yea now i'm confused heh. i think i'll leave it green...ive saved up and waited too long to mess up a good thing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts