Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching.

I'm contemplating taking my indiglo's out because I want to change the color of the gauges. Does anyone know the effects of changing these bulbs with the indiglo gauge still in?

What color are the stock ones... white? and indiglo is green. So if I change the bulb color with the indiglo gauge plates still in, will it make a difference in gauge color?

Or in order for me to get color change will I need to take out my indiglo's?

Hope this makes sense...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Your indiglos probably just cover your gauges so you most likely won't see any kind of change from swapping the bulbs out.

*Edit: Just re-read your post. -in short- yes, you need to take out your indiglos if you wanna change your stock OEM gauge color with bulbs...

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
the stock ones are white with bulb cover over them, when i took mine out the cover was blue but it gives the green effect. I just replaced my bulbs with hyper white bulbs and its nice and bright white and clean.

·
Registered
478 Posts
You would need to take out the indiglos. The indiglo faces have there own power that make them go that color correct? So why would changing the gause bulbs change that. They lay right over top the stock ones coving it completly so it wont change anything.

·
Registered
698 Posts
If you leave your indiglo's on and change the color of the bulbs, the only color change you're going to see is in the needles and odometer/triptometer. Right now I have dark blue/red reverse indiglos with red 194 bulbs in back and I repainted my needles so they're deep red. It looks real nice lit up at night. I'd take pics, but I don't have a digital camera, sorry.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i okay i understand now. thx. I guess I just wasn't to sure whether the gauges lit up based on the bulb or not. They don't coz they have their own power. Gotcha.

I wouldn't mind f**kin with my needles a bit though. I think i saw that article.

thx again

·
Registered
698 Posts
gumby99integ on Feb/06/04 said:
the stock ones are white with bulb cover over them, when i took mine out the cover was blue but it gives the green effect.I just replaced my bulbs with hyper white bulbs and its nice and bright white and clean.
Not to hijack, but what kind of "hyper-white" bulbs do you have. I originally wanted to try that color scheme (and still would), but all the ones I ve seen/bought are far from "hyper-white"?

·
Registered
698 Posts
weldsintegra on Feb/06/04 said:
I wouldn't mind f**kin with my needles a bit though. I think i saw that article.
It was real easy, you just have to be VERY CAREFUL and METHODICAL. I can't stress that enough. I went to fast the first time and ended up smearing the paint several times. To get the stock color off( or any color for that matter) you only need some acetone and a paper towel. Personally, I recommend Testor's acrylic model paint for the color, turns out really good.

·
Registered
478 Posts
weldsintegra on Feb/06/04 said:
yea gumby you change the color of your indiglo gauges to 'hyper-white'? How?? The rest of these posts say that the bulbs will make no difference in the color of the indiglo gauges.
He was talking about the stock bulbs behind the gauges WITHOUT indiglo.

*Edit* I think, after looking back at his post I'm kinda confused about what he was talking about. The stock bulbs behind the gauges do have a blue "condom" on them so I assumed thats what he was talking about.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I dont think they sell gauge faces that light up white, or atleast I havnt seen them before. What you can do is what gumby said; take out the stock bulbs (there are three 194 bulbs) and replace them with hyper-white bulbs. What this is going to do is change the light color of your STOCK gauges so it will just be the #'s etc. that will change color, not the whole face.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't think they make ones that light up white like I think you're saying. I think that would be too bright and distracting, personally. As for modifying the existing ones, I don't know. I guess you could try. If you screw up they're not THAT expensive, not $200 expensive anyways.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts